next HH Sale?

booksandbags

M
O.G.
Aug 30, 2009
hi ladies,

I was going to order something from HH for full price but I know (I've bought a Lorca and Conrad from HH on sale) that they will reach gutter low prices eventually in some crazy sale (like the crystal ball fiasco!!!).

From now on my rule with HH is that unless it's in STOCK I won't buy it because of the long waits to receive "pre order" items.

But anyway, (sorry for the tangent), I wanted to know if you girls had the inside scoop on a possible cyber sale coming up.

I find it hard to splurge 500+ on a bag that in a month would be a fraction of that.

^ Yes, I agree with you about that. I am sorta doubting that they will have any more of those really good sales. HH has finally admitted to having some financial woes, and as I understand that is frustrating, I cannot understand that having all of your production in China is much more cost-efficient, especially when HH changed factories and had to re-manufacture some of the peeling leathers from the Fall 2009 line that LITERALLY just arrived. I live in Kentucky, and I know that manufacturing here is REALLY cheap- and I know that there were factories for automakers, etc. that left overseas and have recently set up shop here in KENTUCKY due to low manufacturing costs, gas prices, shipping prices (all of that stuff has to be shipped here from CHINA?!-$$$).

Also, the "groupons" that several of us purchased last year seem to have more and more restrictions regarding their use; really, unless you are lucky and they are not as limited, you might get about 25% off of the larger bags, or even less, with a groupon. The Crystal Ball Sale, while mucho fun, was great, except some people got 60% off and others got 15% off... BIG DIFFERENCE- so I am not sure how well that went over with the people that did not get as large of a discount. It was an ingenious way for HH to raise some cash and buying interest, but then the bags did not come for 4 months.

I am also wondering about the limited availability of Spring items from HH. I am afraid that they are going to skip the Spring line all together, lol! Or, maybe this is a tactic to force us into buying all that FW 2009 stuff first, before they start selling/stocking the other goods for the new season. I am not sure.

I do know, however, that HH is known to do "flash sales" of certain items, like today's CUFFME, and there is a 10% off for FB fans, too. Sadly, the former cannot be combined with a groupon- I guess that I am just picky. Maybe I just want HH to move their production here, really. LOL! Toni is from KY- maybe she'll consider it? :biggrin:

Oh well. If you are looking for the sales, you are in the right place. Just keep on checking back here every so often, especially in the Deals and Steals HH Thread- many HHHotties sell their stuff- and I have had nothing but excellent service from a fellow HH lover. In fact, at times, some oldies (but goodies) pop up from time to time here in the D&S thread.

Also, go to HH's website and sign up there. Anytime they run a sale, unless it is one of those twitter/FB deals, they send out an email with a link in it. Good luck!

I agree with you Fabae. I am keeping my fingers crossed that happens. My argument: with production closed to home, maybe they could keep costs down, and it would be easier for HH to fix manufacturing problems- faster. I also believe it would help for more brand recognition, too- maybe then HH could have more sales? He he he... It pains me that everything is made in China. :sad:

you mentioned there were peeling leathers in the 2009 line,

were those the shine leathers?

worried because i have a blueberry trophy and brandy havana that i just received.