news tidbit: Chanel "Naked Bag" ????

May 23, 2006
I noticed this brief item recently in Women's Wear Daily:

O SAY CAN YOU SEE?: Leave it to Karl Lagerfeld to react quickly to changes in modern life - even troubling ones - and find a positively chic solution. When a terror scare in London last month evoked a ban on liquid items and gels on airplanes, forcing some passengers to tote carry-on items in clear plastic bags, the designer had a better idea. He dreamed up the "Naked Bag" for Chanel, transparent but with a subtle quilting pattern, dark piping and signature chain handles. Although an important vacation month in France, Lagerfeld said he "had the Chanel factories opened to have them made in a second..." Available in a variety of sizes and styles, the clearly modern accessories are slated to arrive in Chanel boutiques soon.

I have a pink transparent bag......much like the ones on Ebay....clear with the large CC's. I originally bought it as a diaper bag.....but haven't used it as one because I bought the Gucci diaper bag that can attach to the stroller. I am in Manhattan so I almost always have to take the stroller with me.

I wonder what it will look like with quilting.....

My SA showed me a press release with a pic yesterday. I didn't like it. It is large. I didn't notice the quilting, but then the pic was just a xerox copy. I didn't look that carefully at it since a see-thru bag is just not my thing. I just don't like everyone seeing everything inside my bag.