Newbie to Celine - advise please.

maely

Aug 1, 2016
I have always admired the Celine bags but am yet to add one.
I am looking at the Celine Phantom Cabas and the reviews look promising so I think I am ready to take the plunge.
I have come across a small size black Cabas with old logo. I also love the teal but it is not available atm. Am wondering if this was a seasonal color release? So the options currently are the Black Old Logo or Burgundy. For those that have these colors which is more versatile?

Any other Celine bags I should consider?

TIA

I think black and burgundy are both beautiful, it just depends on your wardrobe. Also I think black can be worn year around whereas burgundy might just be a better colour for the autumn months. From experience I tend to always wear my black bags a lot more than other colours, even if they are wearable shades like burgundy, beige, grey etc.

I don't know what style of bags you are after, only tote bags or others too? I have a Micro Luggage and a Nano Belt Bag from Celine and I love both so much. I think for the Luggage style all the sizes are perfect in their own way. For the Belt Bag, I had both a Nano and the Mini (which is the biggest size) and I sold the Mini two days later because it was super inconvenient to use. I definitely prefer the small crossbody sizes of the Belt Bag. Those are definitely my other two Celine bag recommendations :biggrin:

Reactions: wheihk
I think the black one is the more versatile. You can wear it all year long !

For my part, I'm the proud owner of the Big Bag in the smallest size (which is kinda big in real life, to be honest) and I wear it on a regular basis at work. I like it because of its very modern and minimalist shape, whithout it to claim "Made by Celine". I mean, it's not as recognizable as the luggage or the belt bag.

Saying this, I'm starting to save money to buy the nano luggage, maybe in second hand. The luggage in its regular size weights a lot and some of my friends never wear theirs because of this. What a shame ! The nano luggage is a good choice for it has been released in a lot of different colors, it's very versatile and it fits so much inside.

Hope I'll help :smile: Anyway, you can't go wrong with Celine !

Thank you for your responses and suggestions. I do love the simple styles of the Celine and was after a tote bag which is why I was leaning towards the Cabas. I have since spotted the taupe which is also beautiful. I haven’t purchased yet though as something seems to be holding me back - will need to give it much more thought.

Reactions: caroperouse