Newbie need help for purchase my first birkin IN NY!!!thanks

sotomato

Dec 30, 2010
HI,Im new to H and today i just went to the wall st and madison ave H store,my range is queite wild,30or 35 birkin just no swift .Hopefully the best is candy color.I really dont know how to deal wiz SA,i went to wall st first cos my frds told me their sevice is really good.so i went in and asked they said they dont have any bk and kelly instock now,and give me a card left my number.They suggest me to went there more often .Even i didnt get anything but still feels good.they really nice.when i went madison i asked the bag they said they dont have any too because of the mothers day they sold out and i should check next week.I dont know if this is ok.but i really hope i can purchase my bk and kelly soon just dont know how.please help.thanks.Do i need to try the manhasset H boutique?

I was in the Madison store today and didn't see any SA's that I recognized. There were barely any SA's on the main floor although there were 2 security guys walking around. On the lower level the SA's were all in a group together chatting and ignoring us. When I asked about 2 bags the one that deigned to talk to me was not really helpful. I don't really understand their attitude. The store wasn't crowded, the weather was awful. You'd think the SA's would want to make a sale, but I got the feeling that they wanted to do anything but make a sale. If this is the new and improved Hermes store's attitude, then I prefer the old Hermes.

I was in the Madison store today and didn't see any SA's that I recognized. There were barely any SA's on the main floor although there were 2 security guys walking around. On the lower level the SA's were all in a group together chatting and ignoring us. When I asked about 2 bags the one that deigned to talk to me was not really helpful. I don't really understand their attitude. The store wasn't crowded, the weather was awful. You'd think the SA's would want to make a sale, but I got the feeling that they wanted to do anything but make a sale. If this is the new and improved Hermes store's attitude, then I prefer the old Hermes.

What were you looking at/for?

I think they are in the process of doing inventory. I was looking for a bracelet at KOP, which they didn't have, so she did a search, she said they had one at Madison, but couldn't call because they were doing inventory. Maybe that explains the lack of SA's.

I thought they only recently reopened the permanent shop on Madison so how could they first be doing inventory? I was looking for a Constance bag and a Birkin. They told me they no longer keep a "waiting list" yet a friend of mine told me that she recently got on one at that very store. No offer to show me colors, pictures, or anything except a distinct feeling that they were annoyed we "bothered" them by wanting to buy some bags. Across the street at the men's store, it was a different story. That store was crowded but I was able to buy my husband something and there was no attitude.

yes, I went there to pick up a bag from a cleaning and they had stickers all over the place, in the middle of doing inventory. I asked about one bag they had displayed (Victoria tote, love that bag!), the SA was helpful but cool which I often feel is their attitude. Over the years I think the treatment at Madison has gotten more aloof. I kind of prefer buying from well-regarded resellers, I get a bargain AND a pleasant experience.

Lilith, they had tons of bracelets!
Sometimes I think you are better off just going yourself, even my SA at KOP doesn't like talking to Madison. She said they always give her the feeling that she if bothering them. But of course to be "Hermes politically correct" she followed that statement up with, "they get so many tourists, and they all want Birkin's or Kelly's so you know how it is". I'm thinking to myself, how tiresome that during a recession, you have tons of people continuosly coming into your store looking to spend in excess of $10,000 and all day long you get paid to say no with the least amount of tact possible.:rolleyes:

Sometimes I think you are better off just going yourself, even my SA at KOP doesn't like talking to Madison. She said they always give her the feeling that she if bothering them. But of course to be "Hermes politically correct" she followed that statement up with, "they get so many tourists, and they all want Birkin's or Kelly's so you know how it is". I'm thinking to myself, how tiresome that during a recession, you have tons of people continuosly coming into your store looking to spend in excess of $10,000 and all day long you get paid to say no with the least amount of tact possible.:rolleyes:

Wow! I guess I'm one of those annoying tourists, then. My sister and I fly to NY several times a year for shopping and I was thinking about popping into the Hermes boutique later this summer to start looking for a Birkin or a Kelly. I guess I shouldn't bother! :P