New Zippy Wallet :: Is it normal to have these pumps?

JimmyChoo12

Jun 29, 2009
Hi all! I just got a new Zippy Wallet today but after inspecting it at home, I found some little "bumps" along the fabric part of the zipper close to the seam. There are about 2 of them on one of the short side and 1 on the other. There are none on the long side.

is it normal to have little bumps on the fabric? I'm wondering if I should exchange for a new one....I can live with it if it's normal/common in them though... would love to hear your opinion

Picture here of one of the bumps. Wallet is still empty:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/...19244d82_b.jpg

OK, I have decided to try and exchange it.... I can also see some glue on one part of the side in between the leather/canvas and the zipper too... :sad: It's about 1cm long! A little disappointed at the poor craftsmanship!!

Doesn't look too bad, I had to look hard to see it. My worry would be that with a lot of use the bump might turn into a hole with the edge of the zipper coming out of the seam & fraying or something.

Took it back and the SA said it's not "normal", exchange it for another one without them! The worst part was the exposed glue... the SA said that's totally unacceptable! The fact that there are at least 3 bumps + the expose glue makes me wonder if a new person made that wallet! How could they let it leave the factory like this!!!

I'm happy now though, and glad to have had this experience. Now that I know this could happen, I'll be sure to carefully inspect my future purchase!

i saw it immed. but i am also a seamstress. the fabric is unaligned so it did not lay properly when stitched. glad everything worked out for you