New wallet, but strange date on authenticity card

BB8

Jan 22, 2016
I needed a small wallet to fit inside my smaller bags, and ordered this one from Saks via the assistance of an S.A. over the phone. I just received my new Prada wallet, and think the color is really sweet and pretty, but the authenticity card looks a little wonky with the date being the "32nd." [emoji780][emoji780] I was quite surprised that the person at Saks who stamped the card did not catch this, as I specified to the S.A. that I wanted a brand new, untouched, essentially "perfect" wallet. Not that I plan on selling it, but it just doesn't sit well with me to spend so much on an SLG and have such a ridiculous mistake on it. (I am a little annoyed as the only way to exchange it so I can personally inspect the item, is to drive 1.5 hours in traffic to the only Saks near me.) Also, is it "normal" for Prada saffiano wallets to have the "ruching" or gathering of the leather on the inside of the exterior cover, while the corner of the interior compartment is completely smooth with no gathering? Anyone who owns a Prada wallet notice the same or can vouch that this is normal for Prada wallets? Would you keep it, or go through the hassle of exchanging it?? Advice please.PhotoGrid_1522376979409.jpgPhotoGrid_1522376880304.jpgPhotoGrid_1522379836365.jpgPhotoGrid_1522379912635.jpg

I needed a small wallet to fit inside my smaller bags, and ordered this one from Saks via the assistance of an S.A. over the phone. I just received my new Prada wallet, and think the color is really sweet and pretty, but the authenticity card looks a little wonky with the date being the "32nd." [emoji780][emoji780] I was quite surprised that the person at Saks who stamped the card did not catch this, as I specified to the S.A. that I wanted a brand new, untouched, essentially "perfect" wallet. Not that I plan on selling it, but it just doesn't sit well with me to spend so much on an SLG and have such a ridiculous mistake on it. (I am a little annoyed as the only way to exchange it so I can personally inspect the item, is to drive 1.5 hours in traffic to the only Saks near me.) Also, is it "normal" for Prada saffiano wallets to have the "ruching" or gathering of the leather on the inside of the exterior cover, while the corner of the interior compartment is completely smooth with no gathering? Anyone who owns a Prada wallet notice the same or can vouch that this is normal for Prada wallets? Would you keep it, or go through the hassle of exchanging it?? Advice please.View attachment 4018130View attachment 4018132View attachment 4018133View attachment 4018134
Since I can't figure out how to delete this post, I will just update: it all worked out.

Reactions: dotty8
^^ Nice to hear :smile: What did they do, exchange the wallet?
Thanks @dotty8. They are sending me a new authenticity card with legitimate date...but only after they receive the original one from me (I offered to destroy it, but I get it: they need it for their records). Upon further research I saw images of brand new Prada wallets with the same stitiching and ruching of the leather as mine, so I kept it and have been loving the functionality ever since. [emoji4]

Reactions: dotty8