New Version of 75th Anniversary Saddle Bag...For Science!

While surfing Bloomingdale's site I came across what they advertised as a "Saddle Bag in Glovetanned Leather." This piqued my curiosity. I know that there are re-issues of the Dinky bags that were made for stores that carry Coach that don't have all the bells and whistles that you can buy directly through Coach. The stock photo looks more square than the rounded saddle bag re-issues, it says it is leather lined, and it roughly had similar dimensions to the medium size saddle bags. It comes in 2 colors: black and burgundy. I decided to take a chance on it...for science! Now...if you are looking for the closest thing you can get to the original 9170 bag, this is it!!! The "leather lined" is a bit deceiving though, only the underside of the flap is leather lined. The rest of the bag is the cloth with Coach woven into it. This bag is like they took the "classic" remakes they used to sell and really amped them up. My sister had one of those and I remember her commenting that the leather felt plastic-y. This leather is soft and to me feels like genuine leather. It has the gunmetal hardware and contrasting red stitching. There is a slip pocket on the back of the bag and under the flap and it has the zip top. The story patch even says it is limited edition.

View attachment 3386151
View attachment 3386152
View attachment 3386153
View attachment 3386154

Thanks for this. I really like the slip pockets!

The strap is about 51" from end to end and has a drop at the longest length of about 22 1/2 ". I have no problem with it crossbody and I am 5'6" and am around 185 with a larger chest. I have been carrying this bag all week and I am telling you if you get one you will be pleasantly surprised. It is simple, yet the quality and attention to detail is wonderful. The strap does not seem to slip either. If I wear it one one shoulder it firmly stays put and if I wear it crossbody it does not creep up my shoulder towards my neck so I have to keep adjusting it.

Reactions: nucleii
The strap is about 51" from end to end and has a drop at the longest length of about 22 1/2 ". I have no problem with it crossbody and I am 5'6" and am around 185 with a larger chest. I have been carrying this bag all week and I am telling you if you get one you will be pleasantly surprised. It is simple, yet the quality and attention to detail is wonderful. The strap does not seem to slip either. If I wear it one one shoulder it firmly stays put and if I wear it crossbody it does not creep up my shoulder towards my neck so I have to keep adjusting it.

Thx! Hmmm... this might work. [emoji848]

I was just playing around with the bag and the strap with the side buckles are designed so you can double up the strap and make it a really short strap. The prongs on the buckle are slightly curved inward and there is the center "wear" piece on the under side of the strap.