New to VCA (and jewelry in general), really need some advice!

I actually really wanted my sweets before I purchased them, I always wear tiny studs combined with basic small but clean edged hoops because I have 4 piercing holes so in that sense it is a good size to wear. I think I just got biased by the ladies here and I feel like they did not fulfil my growing love for VCA since they are very small, like only one bite from a nice chocolate cake. :biggrin: So maybe I will slow down after the necklace a bit.

I had a sm love bracelet with 6 diamonds in PG. I purchased it during the PG-era without thinking about it. I didnt really like the colour with my skin tone and I eventually sold it with some loss. I also have love wedding band in WG because I like understated pieces but I almost never wear it because I get the questions from people about if I got married or engaged because of that ring :facepalm: I am planning to get it streched a bit and wear it on index finger. That is actually why I am very neat picky this time before ordering I dont want to end up again with the pieces I will not wear.

I have a ss bb and mop dial longines that I wear everyday and I feel like it is enough for keeping my wrist busy but not overload it. I am not fan of alhambra bracelets aswell, perlee clover/signature/diamond all are also a bit too much for me, perlee pearls bangle is the only one I would consider from VCA. I like the sm love but I am more into watches so I keep my wrist free generally for a watch :smile:

I also thought the same for frivole in the beginning, but actually I found WG frivole quite casual. It it interesting because I found guilloche too dressy and even the WG didnt change my idea. So I am also surprised that I find frivole more and more casual. Do you own a JUC aswell?
Yes, I do. lol. ;) On one my wrists, I wear a classic PG love, 10 diamond PG love and the small diamond PG JUC together, but find the love bracelets a bit annoying b/c my husband always has to put them on for me and they scratch so easily. I'm not one of those who can wear the loves to bed, etc. On my other wrist, I think I will wear my WG perlee clover which I literally just got last weekend and maybe stack it at some point in the future with the WG perlee single diamond bracelet. I used to think the perlee clover was overload but if it's worn on its own, I think it's ok.

Reactions: nightbefore
Yes, I do. lol. ;) On one my wrists, I wear a classic PG love, 10 diamond PG love and the small diamond PG JUC together, but find the love bracelets a bit annoying b/c my husband always has to put them on for me and they scratch so easily. I'm not one of those who can wear the loves to bed, etc. On my other wrist, I think I will wear my WG perlee clover which I literally just got last weekend and maybe stack it at some point in the future with the WG perlee single diamond bracelet. I used to think the perlee clover was overload but if it's worn on its own, I think it's ok.

that was exactly the reason I got sm love because it is easy to wear on and off maybe I will purchase it again in future in wg. I like the clean look of love. small juc with diamonds is the best juc combi imo so very good taste!

I think it is indeed fine to wear perlee alone I am just really a newbie for jewelery. My mom loves jewelery and she bought me always gold pieces for my bdays (she also thinks it is good investment) and I used to tell my mom that buying jewelery was so stupid because it is so small and tones of money and I actually never wore those pendants and earrings till last summer, but look at me know getting addicted! haha

Thank you very much! I also read from other ladies that it is nicer to wear two 10s if you want to wear 20 doubled up. So I am definitely considering it. Do you get annoyed by the clip being visible when you wear it as 20 motif or is it very subtle?

I do not think it is very noticeable at all. I feel it is very subtle. Lately I have been wearing only a 10 motif for some reason. I go back and forth with wearing both and then only a ten for a long time. That is what is great about having the option. Others may chime in on their feelings with this. My 2 tens are in YG onyx, YG Gold & YG mother of pearl.

Reactions: 880 and nightbefore
too funny! i'm kind of a recent jewelry addict too, same as you. :smile: I think covid made me that way. Before I was more into bags, but now that I work from home and am home more generally, I like to dress up my outfits and zoom calls lol. ;) with jewelry. You have a smart and generous mommy! :smile: Instead of buying tons of fashion jewelry that break easily or sometimes give me an allergic reaction, I too am buying fewer pieces but investing more in serious but everyday wearable pieces. Also, this might be too far down the road, but after I got engaged, it changed my jewelry tastes. Now I pick more classic pieces and stick more with white metals since my ring is platinum.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and nightbefore
too funny! i'm kind of a recent jewelry addict too, same as you. :smile: I think covid made me that way. Before I was more into bags, but now that I work from home and am home more generally, I like to dress up my outfits and zoom calls lol. ;) with jewelry. You have a smart and generous mommy! :smile: Instead of buying tons of fashion jewelry that break easily or sometimes give me an allergic reaction, I too am buying fewer pieces but investing more in serious but everyday wearable pieces. Also, this might be too far down the road, but after I got engaged, it changed my jewelry tastes. Now I pick more classic pieces and stick more with white metals since my ring is platinum.

I think there is definitely a certain period you get addicted to different things. In that sense I am way more happy getting addicted to jewelry than bags. Buying a bag never really fulfilled my wishes, I always wanted another and then another and another. I think it is because I was never really wearing them as often as my jewelry so I kinda didnt see their value and I find the bag fashion changing way too much last couple of years. Especially with instagram I feel like so many big brands (even chanel and dior) they literally overdose instagram influencers with their new it bag every season. I see one bag ''it bag'' everywhere on instagram for couple of months and then it is over and same thing with another. Also I started to get a bit annoyed by the fact that they basically send these bags to almost every influencer for free and even with flowers and special notes. It made me question how much these bags are worth if you can keep sending them for so many people for free and charge jewelry prices for them. I still enjoy bags but I feel like I have enough for now probably I can do life long with what I own now but I might want to get a kelly or contance since they are the classics in future. ATM my lifestyle and financials are not very suitable for those also I do not really have a long purchase story in hermes I dont think they offer those for the people like me who just purchased couple of scarf and a leather bracelet:biggrin: Wow this thread goes really far beyond VCA haha

I do not think it is very noticeable at all. I feel it is very subtle. Lately I have been wearing only a 10 motif for some reason. I go back and forth with wearing both and then only a ten for a long time. That is what is great about having the option. Others may chime in on their feelings with this. My 2 tens are in YG onyx, YG Gold & YG mother of pearl.
It is also more doable I think financially, so I will def consider it!

Reactions: 880
I’m new to VCA and just picked up a six motif necklace in yellow gold with white, dark grey and black motifs in different sizes. I think it’s pretty neutral and wearable for everyday and relatively well priced. ( and I wear a lot of black, white ans beige too). I was a white gold person for years until my DH said this year that he thought yg was possibly more flattering.
25DC5AD5-D891-4DB8-84A6-2E7D018BE59C.jpeg

I’m new to VCA and just picked up a six motif necklace in yellow gold with white, dark grey and black motifs in different sizes. I think it’s pretty neutral and wearable for everyday and relatively well priced. ( and I wear a lot of black, white ans beige too). I was a white gold person for years until my DH said this year that he thought yg was possibly more flattering.
View attachment 4899702

I generally wear boatneck in summer and turtleneck in winter, I thought this model would you better with V necks like you combined but I am actually trying to imagine how it would look with a turtle neck and I think like “hmm actually why not”, if you wear turtleneck could you make a modshot for me? :angel:
I agree that YG looks stunning on you, I think he is def right! And if it makes sense, I would use my WG choices for pave and MOP. They offer a lot more stones for YG so it is always easier to find something that will work out for your tone. Grey MOP looks very good IMO with YG

I am actually trying to imagine how it would look with a turtle neck and I think like “hmm actually why not”, if you wear turtleneck could you make a modshot for me?
Thanks @nightbefore for the compliment and for the advice re wg hw and pave/mop! When I get a new piece of jewelry or a bag I’m embarrassed to say I stay up late and work out some outfits, so here is a brunello short sleeved turtleneck and a pic with a slim slit V neck (vintage 1960s? Donald brooks wool dress that I’ll wear out on Monday :biggrin:
918EE6D7-D93D-4D54-8C6B-C95536344A10.jpeg0A2D3B3F-900C-4350-9031-D391C2C82331.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks @nightbefore for the compliment and for the advice re wg hw and pave/mop! When I get a new piece of jewelry or a bag I’m embarrassed to say I stay up late and work out some outfits, so here is a brunello short sleeved turtleneck and a pic with a slim slit V neck (vintage 1960s? Donald brooks wool dress that I’ll wear out on Monday :biggrin:
View attachment 4899904View attachment 4899905

omg you look stunning! I also love the dress and also the walk in closet :biggrin: I just wanna buy more and more. Actually I have some money that I saved for other purposes and these photos make me just wanna order a 6-motif, 10- motif or even my dream 20-motif! It is sooooo hard to hold myself:rolleyes::crybaby:

Last edited:
Btw update on the post, I decided to put VA earrings aside since I have the pave sweets and VA’s are just a tad bigger. I decided to add it on pendant (WG MOP) and get the pave VA pendant. So instead of WG MOP VA earrings and pendant, I got the VA pave in WG :amuse: I also decided that I really want to get a 20 motif and I should keep working on for that goal for the next item:girlsigh:

View attachment 4899904View attachment 4899905
You look so pretty! The necklace look so nice on you. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: 880
Hi! I am a white metal only person. I also like to wear matchy matchy sets because they add a nice chic elegant touch to any casual outfit, jeans, shorts, etc.

For me, I like long necklaces as I can see my bling. I prefer long necklaces over pendants as they make a statement, and I find pendants just fade into the background. You can brighten your face with earrings instead. Plus, long necklaces have a nice flowing casual vibe.. it’s also the 20s! Let it swing!

I have the Vintage WG MOP pieces in the 20 motif, earrings, and bracelet. I seem to always wear the 20 motif and earrings together, and it makes a nice set. I’m casual now, skinny jeans and this summer, Bermuda shorts. For a ring, I find the Vintage Alhambra ring a bit too small and actually takes away from the look of the 20 motif. So I like to wear a bigger ring. I recently purchased the Frivole BTF ring and when I was at the boutique, I just happened to be wearing the 20 MOP and it looked nice together. So, I would recommend looking at the Frivole WG collection to complement your WG Alhambra. This was my first Frivole piece, and I will probably go back and get the matching Pave earring (smal size). Mini earrings as you said are underwhelming... they just fade into the background and then you have to stack and add other bling which takes away from the statement jewelry.

I would recommend based on what you wrote... I would buy the WG Vintage MOP earrings and 20 motif necklace, especially if the 20 is your dream necklace. I love long necklaces! I am not a fan of buying two 10s and showing the clasps. I prefer the look of a true 20. You can always double your 20 to do a shorter necklace look. The 20 doubled look gives a more carefree vibe. A better look to me than a single 10, so in a way, the 20 to me is more versatile.

For WG, I think the Frivole collection complements WG Alhambra very well. I almost got a Magic Alhambra ring but felt I looked like a walking VCA Alhambra billboard, so that was not good. Ugh.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you! You can find a lot of WG at VCA!

omg. too funny. our wishlists, metal considerations and wardrobe choices are almost the same. :smile: if you like WG, I personally would add VCA pieces that are in the WG family. I don't like mixing metals much. The VCA YG while very beautiful can sometimes age people and because it's a very rich yellow, it's not flattering on everyone. I started out with the vintage YG MOP 20 motif necklace when I didn't know anything about what metals looked good on me, etc. and very recently bought the WG MOP 20 motif necklace to replace it, along with the WG MOP vintage earrings (i think the vintage size is a better investment in the long run and look better as you get a little older). If you like WG, I think VCA's chalcedony pieces are also very nice and can be worn very easily with their WG MOP pieces. Like you, I'm thinking of adding the WG vintage pave pendant and maybe even the matching pave earrings but haven't pulled the trigger yet. lol.
I am like you! I had YG pieces for years, stopped wearing them after a while as I thought they aged me too!

I got rid of them, and then stopped purchasing VCA. I just rediscovered VCA again but only buying WG. I also did the same as you and purchased another MOP “set” but now in WG. Nothing in YG no matter how much I love the stone.

Thank you for sharing that. I thought it was just me. Very helpful!

Hi! I am a white metal only person. I also like to wear matchy matchy sets because they add a nice chic elegant touch to any casual outfit, jeans, shorts, etc.

For me, I like long necklaces as I can see my bling. I prefer long necklaces over pendants as they make a statement, and I find pendants just fade into the background. You can brighten your face with earrings instead. Plus, long necklaces have a nice flowing casual vibe.. it’s also the 20s! Let it swing!

I have the Vintage WG MOP pieces in the 20 motif, earrings, and bracelet. I seem to always wear the 20 motif and earrings together, and it makes a nice set. I’m casual now, skinny jeans and this summer, Bermuda shorts. For a ring, I find the Vintage Alhambra ring a bit too small and actually takes away from the look of the 20 motif. So I like to wear a bigger ring. I recently purchased the Frivole BTF ring and when I was at the boutique, I just happened to be wearing the 20 MOP and it looked nice together. So, I would recommend looking at the Frivole WG collection to complement your WG Alhambra. This was my first Frivole piece, and I will probably go back and get the matching Pave earring (smal size). Mini earrings as you said are underwhelming... they just fade into the background and then you have to stack and add other bling which takes away from the statement jewelry.

I would recommend based on what you wrote... I would buy the WG Vintage MOP earrings and 20 motif necklace, especially if the 20 is your dream necklace. I love long necklaces! I am not a fan of buying two 10s and showing the clasps. I prefer the look of a true 20. You can always double your 20 to do a shorter necklace look. The 20 doubled look gives a more carefree vibe. A better look to me than a single 10, so in a way, the 20 to me is more versatile.

For WG, I think the Frivole collection complements WG Alhambra very well. I almost got a Magic Alhambra ring but felt I looked like a walking VCA Alhambra billboard, so that was not good. Ugh.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you! You can find a lot of WG at VCA!

Thanks for the insight! WG MOP 20 is def my next purchase. Actually I never really liked long necklaces before I saw the 20 motif on a white shirt. I preferred to buy pendants but for me the biggest problem is putting jewelry on before leaving and I actually wear my pave sweets now 24/7. This is really weird for someone like me because I never wore my jewelry, I always took it off before sleeping (they were gold pieces but I always felt bothered by jewelry for some reason) and then didn’t wear for 2 months so in that sense putting mop earrings on and off would tire me. I needed something I will forget that I am wearing it, so I feel like pave pendant will do that for me :amuse: Also I go to sports everyday so I am planning to keep my earrings and pendant on. 20 MOP will be an extra piece for me and it is perfect that you can wear it really fast on and off for someone lazy like me:lol: till now I could never really wear rings, it always feel something extra on my finger I am very curious how I am gonna deal with an engagement ring since it is supposed to be there 24/7:yucky:

Mixing the metal is def not my thing either so even if I purchase some YG items I will just wear it with my other jewelry from my mom. I also felt at this stage I should prioritize the necklaces because i have short hair and bangs so my face is always framed you don’t really see much of my ears:lol:

And for bracelets... I feel like I like sm love more than alhambra or perlee pieces. Quite interestingly actually I like hermes kelly double tour in beige colour with silver hardwear. It is completely another style but I feel like it might look nice with some blue jeans! Or who knows maybe get the solid gold kelly bracelet

• Love
Reactions: 880 and BigAkoya