New to loving Treesje, but why???

Jan 21, 2007
I'm new to this brand. I only have one Treesje, and its a black Dylan. I absolutely love the leather, the design, and the structure of this bag. In fact, this line is all about intricacy as far as I can tell, but with the exception of a few new bags in a very limited color offering, I find the bags that I'm drawn to are just not out there. What gives? Even this subforum seems kind of quiet now that the Magnolia s.o. has gone through. Perhaps the designers should take notice and reintroduce the Magnolia as a permanent feature line?! Anyone else feeling this? Please respond. We need to breath new life into this subforum so that the designers take note. I really am liking all the lambskin....

I love all of my Treesje's but at this point I don't put all my eggs in one basket anymore. My closet is diversified now so as much as I'd like to try a Spring Treesje or two I just bought a Jimmy Choo and a Prada so I have to be more frugal for awhile.
There was something I liked about almost every Treesje I've had but some styles were just not for me, and I've decided to sell duplicates but for me anyway, long gone are the days that I would buy 4, 5, or 6 of a Kooba's season, or any Designer's season. There's alot of great bags out there girls and my aim to to see as many as I can of them...LOL....just not all Treesjes.

In fact, this line is all about intricacy as far as I can tell,

:yes: Yep, I completely agree with this part above.

As for the rest, I find that that has a great deal to do with Treesje's turnover of styles and how they seem to produce most styles. They tend to do bags in "collections", e.g. Metro (Asher, Hudson, Metro clutch, etc), Divino (Magnolia, Divino, Soleil), Stone (Marley, Turner, Jovi, Halen), so when they release one style, they do it with the others too. The Magnolia does seem to be popular enough to justify having it return more often, but the problem may also lie with other styles in the Divino collection not being as popular. Maybe this is something that they ought to consider changing, I dunno, but I'll say that I do usually appreciate that they release their bags with this much consideration for the collections that they belong to, and with a cohesive look for each collection.

(Botkier also does something similar, actually, but they just don't name the "collections", although perhaps they do eventually wind up re-releasing popular styles on their own too. Botkier doesn't re-release popular styles every season, though, whereas Treesje does at least usually have one staple, the Asher.)

That said, Lexie's got a good point too -- diversification! I'm trying to maintain more of a balance between the Treesjes in my collection and the other mid-range brands that I currently own, in part because Treesje was overwhelming the rest of the collection, and in part because I also need to keep some space should I ever make the plunge to start with higher-end bags. Not all of Treesje's (very, very wide!) range of styles may suit every person too, whether just aesthetically or in terms of functionality (size, style, whether it fits into their lifestyle, etc), so it's definitely good to branch out, IMHO. I think something similar has come up as a discussion topic before, and I recall thinking that Treesje isn't really a brand where you can build your entire collection around (i.e. fulfilling your whole range of bag needs). So, some variety beyond Treesje is definitely good too, IMHO, and I find myself still looking at other designers too.

I am new to Treesje too. I have always seen the bags around but was never tempted coz I always thought their designs were girly or OTT on details till one day when I saw LR modelling her gorgeous Rebel. I started to pay attention & went on a hunt. Made my list of faves & buy them up in a few months & felt I was done. I started to buy other brands & want even others now. I have always been a one brand bag having bought nothing but balenciaga for years. Now like many, I am all about diversification. I am happy to have a few bags from one brand & am staying away from repeats unless I really love the design. For Treesje, it would be Ashers & Rebels.

I wish Treesje would make the Magnolia permanent collection, kind of like Balenciaga with their city, fist, etc and offer a few different colors for each season.. this would be cool!
I have to admit that the two favorite styles of mine are the Asher and Magnolia by far but my deep love for them is when they were first brought out because of the shorter thicker handles... I repeat this all the time (lol)
I know I would love to own more colors in the Magnolia and Asher bags but in the older style, so with this being said... I guess I will be hunting for the older styles on *bay and other auction sites. I am dreaming of a E. Blue , Fuchsia, Wheat and Black Asher and Magnolia in Cream, etc.
I did just get a GORGEOUS Magnolia in Silver with the shorter handles and am thrilled with her but she makes me want more and more. I do love other designers as well and like to have a mix to my collection but if Treesje were to add the Asher and Magnolia to their permanent collection with smooth thick leather and shorter handles... all other designers would have to step back for a while until I collected all that I could, hee hee!!!

i'm new to this brand as well and i don't own any Treesje bags yet, but i will admit that the Magnolia is my favorite design :yes:

its a unique design and oh so cute!

when i first saw aznkat's cream colored Magnolia..i was like :drool: "i want one!!" but so far...i haven't seen a color that i really like on the Magnolia :s

Because of the raves on TPF, I've also been looking at Treeje, but most of the designs won't work for me. I'm not really into distressed, wrinkled leather. I like mid sized shoulder bags and Treesje either seems to do huge and heavy or too small. I came close to ordering a mini magnolia, but am not really fond of satchels. The esposed hobo looks promising, but it is too big and weighs 2.7 lbs. (I asked a seller to weigh it for me) Maybe Tressje will come out with a mini magnolia with a single braided strap. One can only hope. Until then, I'll just enjoy looking at all the reveals on this subforum.

If I had my wosh, they would put out a Teal Full sized Magnolia in the same soft leather used for the LB exclusive. This bag is so so nice and I would love a bigger version. I don't know why the Asher didn't do it for me but the Magnolia does because I am not a girly girl.

Because of the raves on TPF, I've also been looking at Treeje, but most of the designs won't work for me. I'm not really into distressed, wrinkled leather. I like mid sized shoulder bags and Treesje either seems to do huge and heavy or too small. I came close to ordering a mini magnolia, but am not really fond of satchels. The esposed hobo looks promising, but it is too big and weighs 2.7 lbs. (I asked a seller to weigh it for me) Maybe Tressje will come out with a mini magnolia with a single braided strap. One can only hope. Until then, I'll just enjoy looking at all the reveals on this subforum.

None of their ashers are distressed, wrinkled leather. That was just one season where they did wrinkled leather and that was in the magnolia line. The Marleys are really light and great shoulder bags, one of the most popular bags but it's studded. I did sell all my treesje's only because I was tired of using satchels on my arm and wanted shoulder bags. However, after I saw the preview for their fall 2010 collection, I know I'll be getting another Treesje once again. I own a black jimmy choo and hopefully soon, i'll have a blue balenciaga giant day and I also have a black studded bag from RM, so I guess Treesje is another one of those mid range designers where you don't keep for long like you would with chanel, jimmy choo or balenciaga. The best part is, you can always buy it for a little while and sell it so you can get a new bag. That's just my 2 cents.

Thanks for everyone's input. Unfortunately for me I can't afford Prada, Balenciaga, or Jimmy Choo. Plus, as hard as I try, I can't seem to save for more than a couple of months hence the mid-range bag seems to hit the spot for my bag lust. I guess I'll have to try to be patient for something in Treesje that I truly like.

I would love to see the Magnolia as a crossbody. It's body type would lend itself nicely, sort of like a metro crossbody. I would also love a mini magnolia in silver, just like the bag that nutz4purses got but smaller I love the lush colors but I also need to go with the more neutral colors, hence silver, cream, brown, and black. If they came out with a mini magnolia in these colors I would probably end up buying two or three.

I have my first Treesje coming. I ordered the Metro Crossbody in Black, LR's reveal did it for me. I have 2 small kids and need to be hands free a lot so I think it will be great.

I like how you think, Bag Hound. I might buy a couple of these myself.

I would love to see the Magnolia as a crossbody. It's body type would lend itself nicely, sort of like a metro crossbody. I would also love a mini magnolia in silver, just like the bag that nutz4purses got but smaller I love the lush colors but I also need to go with the more neutral colors, hence silver, cream, brown, and black. If they came out with a mini magnolia in these colors I would probably end up buying two or three.

I'd love some more jewel toned magnolias, not sure if this would be too much but definitely a true purple or a viola ;)
Most of the older ones I've seen are more neutral and dark colors (brick, brown, creme,silver,black patent/bordeaux, oceano, black/teal)
I wish it would become a staple for every season like the Asher, but it must not do as well.

The crossbody magnolia sounds amazing!

I'm not much of a studs girl so I'm not that drawn to the newer stuff, although I do love my Charlie. The dean also looks great but I've saturated my bag rainbow and can't imagine letting go of any of them at this moment. :smile: