New to CL, best way to find them on sale

Jan 19, 2007
Hello everyone! I know we are in between seasons so perhaps not the best time for sales, but I am fairly new to CL shoes and was wondering if anyone could offer some tips on how to catch them on sale. Does the CL store in NYC have a big sale (like Hollywould shoes in Nolita does for their brand), or do you need to stalk Saks and Neimans? Thanks in advance!

Saks, NM, and Barneys all have their clearance sales with great deals. There is also Bluefly.com which sometimes has pretty good deals, although most of their CLs are usually only 10% or 20% off, which when you're talking about something that starts off at about $700, it's not that great of a deal. FootCandyShoes.com has some really good deals on sale stuff also.

I just got a coupon by NM in the mail for $100 off any shoe purchase of $300+ starting on the 27th. I know where I'm heading on Thursday!

Saks, NM, and Barneys all have their clearance sales with great deals. There is also Bluefly.com which sometimes has pretty good deals, although most of their CLs are usually only 10% or 20% off, which when you're talking about something that starts off at about $700, it's not that great of a deal. FootCandyShoes.com has some really good deals on sale stuff also.

I just got a coupon by NM in the mail for $100 off any shoe purchase of $300+ starting on the 27th. I know where I'm heading on Thursday!

Wow, NM mails coupons??? How to get them?

guccidiva, I got it in the mail yesterday good for 27 - 29 November. It's good for in-store only purchases. I finally opened up my NM catalog they sent a week or two ago and it mentions the event in the back of the catalog. Of course I just flipped through the catalog looking at the shoes. ;)

Irish - all the major dept stores and CL boutiques generally have sales twice a year, the fall sales will begin in November usually right around Thanksgiving, and the spring/summer sales will begin in June/July usually right around 4th of July. Some stores start putting the Cruise/Resort merchandise on sale in May/June but generally not very good selections. Definetly check the boutiques and dept stores once the sales start, depending on when you get to the sale you can find discounts on CL shoes anywhere from 30% - 65% off. During the last spring sale, I got a few pairs of CL shoes at 65% off at Barneys and BG.
You should start developing relationships with SAs at boutiques or dept stores so that once the sale seasons begin, they can put things aside for you on hold and charge you once the sale begins.

Irish - all the major dept stores and CL boutiques generally have sales twice a year, the fall sales will begin in November usually right around Thanksgiving, and the spring/summer sales will begin in June/July usually right around 4th of July. Some stores start putting the Cruise/Resort merchandise on sale in May/June but generally not very good selections. Definetly check the boutiques and dept stores once the sales start, depending on when you get to the sale you can find discounts on CL shoes anywhere from 30% - 65% off. During the last spring sale, I got a few pairs of CL shoes at 65% off at Barneys and BG.
You should start developing relationships with SAs at boutiques or dept stores so that once the sale seasons begin, they can put things aside for you on hold and charge you once the sale begins.

I was wondering about all these sale dates. I missed out earlier this year because I was away.

Same here. I do that when reading gossip magazines also when they've got the dress trend thing in the front..I'm not looking at dresses really. I'm like "Is that a sliver of red I see on the heel?"

I am the exact same way! I don't even care about the gossip, I just want to see who is wearing Louboutins.

I still didn't get my coupon. :crybaby:It's just as well, I shouldn't be buying more shoes.

I just looked over at the Deals & Steals forum and there are a couple of posters who spoke with SAs and you have to spend $300 anywhere in the store in order to receive a $100 gift card to use for shoes.