New Style- Misleading name: Le Pliage Shoulder Bag

Very pretty color combination. I believe it is a similar style to the LGP clutch bag and thereafter the Etoiles bag. Although the strap drop is short for both bags mentioned, it can go onto the shoulder but is a tight fit. For this new style LP shoulder bag, the strap seemed slightly longer. That said, I do understand if users prefer a longer strap drop for a shoulder bag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604-082607_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-082607_Chrome.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1
:giggle: I'm seeing so many armpit bags launched by various brands.

For sure these 1990’s style small shoulder bags have been very trendy recently. Sort of a backlash against the popularity of crossbody bags with long straps for so many years. As much as I still love my crossbodies, I’m finding my new Roseau XS Croco hobos (also an armpit bag) a refreshing change.

For sure these 1990’s style small shoulder bags have been very trendy recently. Sort of a backlash against the popularity of crossbody bags with long straps for so many years. As much as I still love my crossbodies, I’m finding my new Roseau XS Croco hobos (also an armpit bag) a refreshing change.
These underarm hobos are also considered safer because they are tucked under the arm - hard to grab, impossible to reach into. They seem to be popular in times when folks are nervous about public safety. I'm not usually nervous about my bags but I like the inaccessibility of these when worn on the shoulder, say, in the metro.

Longchamp included three pics of this bag (see below) when it released its fall 2022 collection preview in March, which I posted in the fall 2022 thread.

These little armpit hobo bags have been majorly back in style the past year or two after Fendi relaunched its baguette.
Thank you for the pictures. I don't have a problem with the style. As you said, a lot of designers are making it right now. I just think Longchamp could have named it something different. When I think of a shoulder bag, I think of the Le Pliage long handle style. Just my two cents :smile:

These little shoulder bags are part of the “Le Pliage Re-Play” collection for FW22.

“Have you ever wondered what happens to stocks of canvas left over from previous collections? Surely, they shouldn’t go to waste? To utilize its end-of-the-roll materials as responsibly as possible, Longchamp has come up with an ingenious solution. Introducing Le Pliage Re-Play.

Colorful, positive, and eco-conscious, Le Pliage Re-Play consists of three formats – a spacious vertical tote, a small shoulder bag, and an on-trend belt bag – each combining two different colors of end-of-the-roll nylon canvas with a third color of Russian leather trim.”

Read all about it and see more pics here:

https://luxferity.com/brand/longchamp/news/le-pliage-replay-colorful-end-roll

5CFAC8B6-1F98-4A12-BE08-9EA8DAF80B3C.jpegAC8F8BF4-AE1C-420B-BDF3-738CC9BA9139.jpegA396F8FE-0814-4380-B38B-9B77EC354179.jpeg2538E527-E26F-44B7-B4CA-6E9EE99ED4CA.jpegE548C014-F7A8-4160-9EF9-40AE54353710.jpeg4C4ED772-E2BE-46EA-A448-107F8F950B98.jpeg

These little shoulder bags are part of the “Le Pliage Re-Play” collection for FW22.

“Have you ever wondered what happens to stocks of canvas left over from previous collections? Surely, they shouldn’t go to waste? To utilize its end-of-the-roll materials as responsibly as possible, Longchamp has come up with an ingenious solution. Introducing Le Pliage Re-Play.

Colorful, positive, and eco-conscious, Le Pliage Re-Play consists of three formats – a spacious vertical tote, a small shoulder bag, and an on-trend belt bag – each combining two different colors of end-of-the-roll nylon canvas with a third color of Russian leather trim.”

Read all about it and see more pics here:
https://luxferity.com/brand/longchamp/news/le-pliage-replay-colorful-end-roll
Thanks for sharing the information and pictures. I like the idea, but wish the color combinations matched better :lol: