New reissue flat at the bottom...

Dear all, I appreciate your opinions, advice, photos and thoughts. I slept on it and always know to follow my first instincts, it’s not the right bag for me. on one side the crease is almost pinched permanently, it will always bother me. :sad:. I decided to replace with a new 18C tote I’ll share that in another post soon.
Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving [emoji173]️

Congratulations! I’m looking forward to seeing your bag.

Dear all, I appreciate your opinions, advice, photos and thoughts. I slept on it and always know to follow my first instincts, it’s not the right bag for me. on one side the crease is almost pinched permanently, it will always bother me. :sad:. I decided to replace with a new 18C tote I’ll share that in another post soon.
Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving [emoji173]️
Just saw this after my response to your post....
Good....those things will always bother you...I was on the fence as well..I loved the distressed look and how it is understated, but I never got one..I love my classic flaps, and I just bought a Gabrielle with a similar distressed look, and a little understated...love it....

I'm so glad I saw this post. I just got the 225 so black reissue and the sides have been bothering me. The left is flat and the right is pointed, so much so that the bag tips over and doesn't stand upright. I texted my SA and I am bringing my bag back in the boutique tomorrow. Is this normal? Either way, the sides do not match?IMG_1511234773.677766.jpgIMG_1511234783.239883.jpg

ETA: I've never brought a back back in to the boutique before. Will they still honor an exchange since I already cut the tag and removed the protective sticker on the hardware clasp?

I'm so glad I saw this post. I just got the 225 so black reissue and the sides have been bothering me. The left is flat and the right is pointed, so much so that the bag tips over and doesn't stand upright. I texted my SA and I am bringing my bag back in the boutique tomorrow. Is this normal? Either way, the sides do not match?View attachment 3885890View attachment 3885891

ETA: I've never brought a back back in to the boutique before. Will they still honor an exchange since I already cut the tag and removed the protective sticker on the hardware clasp?

I have the same so black 225. I think you just have to push out the side that is still pointed. The reissues come flat, but here is mine after I pushed both sides out. IMG_1511280442.473488.jpgIMG_1511280462.888925.jpg

Once you place things inside, the bottom will eventually become more flat. Some even use a base shaper.

This is how is was flat when it arrived... View attachment 3886355

Last edited:
Reactions: DutchGirl007
I have a 227 Reissue and it's not dented or bowed on the bottom. I think over time these issues straighten out with use. The Reissue is not intended to be as structured as the Classic, so there is definitely more "give" in the shape of the bag.

I'm so glad I saw this post. I just got the 225 so black reissue and the sides have been bothering me. The left is flat and the right is pointed, so much so that the bag tips over and doesn't stand upright. I texted my SA and I am bringing my bag back in the boutique tomorrow. Is this normal? Either way, the sides do not match?View attachment 3885890View attachment 3885891

This thread has great suggestions on how to push out the sides and flatten the bottom of your bag. If the mismatched sides are annoying, it’s a good idea to get your SA’s opinion. It really depends on your SA, if they’ll take the bag back if nothing is deemed a manufacturing defect. If it’s been worn, it’s yours. No one wants to buy a “used, but looks new” returned $5000+ bag. That is not right.
I’ve purchased a couple of bags and found after a few times wearing them, the style just didn’t work. :frown: They looked brand new; I sold them through consignment. I didn’t return them to the luxury house and say they were unworn.
I strongly believe in Karma. :whut:
I wish you the best and hope everything turns out well. Let us know what happens.

I just bought a second reissue today and this time I'm having trouble making it flat & this one has this weird creases like the ones that you guys have concerns about. I'm a little worried...
Do you think it will ever get better or this is as far as it will get?

IMG_1515306667.875359.jpgIMG_1515306677.348000.jpg

Wow, that looks similar problem w/ the one I had, and returned. Personally, I couldn’t deal with it, the crease really was deep. Hope yours flattens for you or you can return/exchange it. :smile:

I just bought a second reissue today and this time I'm having trouble making it flat & this one has this weird creases like the ones that you guys have concerns about. I'm a little worried...
Do you think it will ever get better or this is as far as it will get?

View attachment 3926849View attachment 3926850

Thanks for your thoughts, I am relieved!

I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a “new” resale bag and I found one in Australia! I am waiting for shipment, she’s already flat on bottom! Yay!

Congrats on your bag! Do you like the Gabrielle hard bottom part? Is it light weight?

Just saw this after my response to your post....
Good....those things will always bother you...I was on the fence as well..I loved the distressed look and how it is understated, but I never got one..I love my classic flaps, and I just bought a Gabrielle with a similar distressed look, and a little understated...love it....

Thanks for your thoughts, I am relieved!

I’ve been keeping my eyes open for a “new” resale bag and I found one in Australia! I am waiting for shipment, she’s already flat on bottom! Yay!

Congrats on your bag! Do you like the Gabrielle hard bottom part? Is it light weight?
Yes..love the bottom part because it sits up.straight and it's very lite

Here's the update after a week. I decided just to keep it since it's hard come by & also didn't want to drive an hour to go back there. I also managed to make it almost normal. I can live with this. Maybe it will get even better late on.
IMG_1515882332.831268.jpgIMG_1515882341.869048.jpg

Thanks for the update @Monique1004! Glad you are at peace with it!

I can truly say, the one I got and returned really seemed NOT normal.

I just purchased this one from Chanel boutique today. I saw another one in Neimens, the bottoms both popped out with no massive creasing.

I am extremely happy, and at this moment I have a couple water bottles in her standing upright, so she flattens out.

Whatever works, right?! :smile:

IMG_1515987998.237906.jpg
IMG_1515988017.306944.jpg

Here's the update after a week. I decided just to keep it since it's hard come by & also didn't want to drive an hour to go back there. I also managed to make it almost normal. I can live with this. Maybe it will get even better late on.
View attachment 3933649View attachment 3933650

Reactions: Mousy and Kendie26