New Olympic Event: eBay buy, return to FP w/gift receipt--I won the GOLD!

I would NEVER have done this, or even have thought of it, if not for the gift receipt.

This is what I was thinking. I had a gift receipt. Somebody paid full price at some point. I did not steal money. I got credit FROM COACH for what was paid TO COACH.

I'm sorry if some feel offended, but given the specific circumstances, I don't feel I did anything wrong. It was NWT, mint, and had a gift receipt.

How does one get a thread locked? All the fun has been taken out of this, and after being shamed, even though I still feel I did nothing "morally wrong," I'd prefer that this thread be locked so it can drop off the board.
Please don't let what others say ruin your purchase! A very wise person once asked me if the person I was upset with was going to come over to my house and spend Christmas with me? I said never! He said.....never let someone upset you that you wouldn't even have sit at your table! Ta Da! Worked for me!!! Try it~! And enjoy your new items!!!!

I would NEVER have done this, or even have thought of it, if not for the gift receipt.

This is what I was thinking. I had a gift receipt. Somebody paid full price at some point. I did not steal money. I got credit FROM COACH for what was paid TO COACH.

I'm sorry if some feel offended, but given the specific circumstances, I don't feel I did anything wrong. It was NWT, mint, and had a gift receipt.

How does one get a thread locked? All the fun has been taken out of this, and after being shamed, even though I still feel I did nothing "morally wrong," I'd prefer that this thread be locked so it can drop off the board.

Please don't let what others say ruin your purchase! A very wise person once asked me if the person I was upset with was going to come over to my house and spend Christmas with me? I said never! He said.....never let someone upset you that you wouldn't even have sit at your table! Ta Da! Worked for me!!! Try it~! And enjoy your new items!!!!

Isn't a gift receipt provided so that it can be returned?

I totally agree! I have spent a lot of money on Coach items over the years, so if I had a chance on a rare lucky break, I would take it without hesitation and use the credit to buy more Coach!

Good for you, OP!

How is it wrong? She was issued a store credit which she is using to buy more Coach items. Coach isn't losing out at all. How is this not moral? Because she paid less than the credit? Thats not immoral- thats luck! And it was foolish on the part of the reseller.

Love what you bought but guess I am the only one that thinks returning something you bought from eBay to a Coach store is wrong.

I'm sorry someone made you feel shamed. I know how you feel. Just the other day It was insuated that I was a racist because I used someones ethnicity to describe them in a post. It's really sad. I felt awful and shamed as you do and even wanted to leave TPF over it. A fellow TPF'r gave me some advice and talked with me about it until I felt better. Some people need to remember how they would feel if someone said the same to them.

pdxmatts said:
I'm sorry someone made you feel shamed. I know how you feel. Just the other day It was insuated that I was a racist because I used someones ethnicity to describe them in a post. It's really sad. I felt awful and shamed as you do and even wanted to leave TPF over it. A fellow TPF'r gave me some advice and talked with me about it until I felt better. Some people need to remember how they would feel if someone said the same to them.

Thissssssss.

Just enjoy your extra goodies. Cheer up!

Question: if you buy something on eBay and hate it, & it's authentic coach that came with a gift receipt....and you can't sell it (say nobody wants it so it won't sell or you just don't want to deal with reselling) - and you can't return it to the seller because they dont accept returns, are you just supposed to keep it and lose all your money? I would never return without a receipt, but a gift receipt is a receipt. It's not like someone paid 200 for it then scammed coach into 500 credit - the receipt ensures that coach isn't getting ripped off - right?

theheidis said:
Question: if you buy something on eBay and hate it, & it's authentic coach that came with a gift receipt....and you can't sell it (say nobody wants it so it won't sell or you just don't want to deal with reselling) - and you can't return it to the seller because they dont accept returns, are you just supposed to keep it and lose all your money? I would never return without a receipt, but a gift receipt is a receipt. It's not like someone paid 200 for it then scammed coach into 500 credit - the receipt ensures that coach isn't getting ripped off - right?

This is correct.

Obviously the seller had the receipt to exchange if she didn't like it and she'd rather sell and get cash than a new bag. It probably wasn't her money to begin with so she didn't care, if she didn't want you to exchange it she wouldnt of included the gift receipt. I don't think you did anything wrong! Enjoy you awesome new purse and flats.

Wow! Really great!!! I'm sure the seller was just happy to have the cash, and ur happy to get what u REALLY want from the Coach store. I think we've all bought items on eBay that were not really fond of and not all sellers r willing to take them back unless items r misrepresented. So it's a win win for u both!!