New Mini Bleeker Duffle Clubhouse

I just picked up the olive grommet mini duffle. I LOVE the color - it has a lot more green in it than I thought it would.

Do you think it goes with this leather jacket? Or are there too many details with the jacket zippers and the grommets?

image.jpg

Thanks for your opinion!

Did you do it or did SA do it for you?

The SA coached me while I did it. Here is how you do it:

1. Remove the strap completely. It may help to remove all tags from the buckles too.

2. Fold the strap in half, with the "right" sides on the outside. (Top sides visible, bottom sides together. The bottom sides probably have seams, and the top sides probably don't have seams.)

3. Loop one half of the folded strap through one buckle. Then make sure the strap is still folded in half with "right" sides on the outside.

4. Push both loose ends of the strap through the other buckle and secure the buckle normally. (This takes a little work. Push both ends through the top part of the buckle, then work the lower strap end through the bottom part of the buckle aligning the grommet with the prong but not pushing the prong through, then do the same thing with the upper strap end. When everything is aligned, push the prong through the two grommets and flatten out the strap and buckle. This may take a toll on your manicure.)

HTH!

Last edited:
I will definitely try that!! Do you like it with the straps doubled or one long single strap best?

I like it with the straps doubled, but I haven't worn it on an outing yet. I needed a bag to wear at the grocery store. I'm not sure how it will work for me when I bend down to look at something or bend over to put bags in the car, or examine produce, etc. When it's short, I can't switch to crossbody, but I can scrunch it under my arm or put the bulk of it behind me or hang it on the crook of my arm, or wrap the straps around my wrist. I think it will be better for me short. I may even put it on the floor occasionally if that is most convenient, since it stands up so well. I can wipe it down later.

It's just a perfect little bag! I can throw my phone wristlet and big sunglasses case in there and I'm ready to go anywhere. I'm not going to get too bothered if it accidentally hits the floor or bumps into the bag of dog food as I maneuver around. I don't want to take my nicer bags into the grocery store or the pet store or home depot, where I am basically doing physical work while shopping.

I ordered the black one without grommets too. Hopefully the hardware won't look too gold and I can use it for just about anything.

Thanks!! I am definitely gonna try it with your direction! I am only 5'2" do I thinking short may be better for me, if I can get it that way. I have tried before with no luck, but seeing your doubled with grommets tells me it can be done!!

I'm sure if you take it into a Coach store, they would be happy to help you if you need help.

The SA wanted to do it for me, but I said no thank you, I need to be able to so it myself, but you can guide me. :P (Now she knows me.)

Thanks so much!! One more favor...can you post a pic on the side the strap goes thru that is not buckled? And one with?? I think I got it correct....

Here you go:

image.jpg

The SA said the leather would soften with use, so I assume it will lie flat in the buckle eventually.

I haven't removed the tags yet. The prong does not go through the strap on the folded side, obviously - you just move it down out of the way.

So the prong point towards the bottom of the buckle? I think I have finally got it with your help!! It looks like this will be perfect for me....I used to wear my legacy that way-don't know why I had so much trouble! Thank you!!

On the side where the strap is folded.

You're welcome! Enjoy your bag!

Thank you!! I had tried many things, but this worked!! Still not sure I have the folded end thru the buckle correctly as I can't tell from your pic, but I love it with the straps doubled!!

That part is hard to do wrong. The doubled strap should lie flat when the bag has a lot of weight in it. Look at the OP's pic - that might help. Or zoom in on this coach pic:

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/32386_m2?$pd_full$

Official photo of my two new mini duffles:

image.jpg

The hardware on the black one is ar-burnished amber. It looks almost gunmetal except for the zipper teeth which look antique bronze. I think it will go fine with silver or gold jewelry.