New MAM is Very Light - Normal?

eightyjane

Apr 14, 2008
Hello RM fans. I'm a Minkoff newbie and just got my first bag - a Morning After Mini. I was surprised at how light in the weight the bag is. Is this normal? Perhaps because I'm used to suede lining and such...

Do people counterfeit RMs? If so, what are some telltale signs.

Thanks for your help!

Could you tell us where you got it?
We have not seen many fake RM bags and hope to get them nipped in the bud and reported to the proper authorities and Rebecca when we do find one.
Please post pics and or a link to it if it is from feebay and we will all try to help.
I would not worry yet though as I am sure yours is authentic. Did it come with it's cards?

It depends on the leather. All of the RM leathers are different. Some are glazed, which are heavier. If you have a smooshier matte leather, its a lot lighter.

RM has not been counterfeited yet.

The newer bags with new hardware IMO are much lighter than the older bags.

She mentioned "suede lining" which leads me to believe she is referring to Kooba ..in which case if she is comparing the weight of Kooba bags to the MAM then hell YES it's much lighter!! lol

I might be wrong but this would all make sense to me!

It looks authentic and gorgeous to me also but in the auction it is shown with all of it's tags and cards. Perhaps the seller can send you the missing ones but it is a beautiful bag and I vote authentic.

Depending on the type of leather used the MAM weight can vary. I would consider my MAM violet to be light with respect to other brands like Kooba and MJ (collection bags) but heavier than MbMJ bags. The MAM with glazed/stiffer leathers are heavier.

Your MAM is authentic.