New Limited Edition Summer 2019 Perfumes

Smelled them last night! Sun song is pretty but smells like the cheap orange blossom perfum you can get at any rest stop in Florida. Cactus garden was lovely, I’ll have to pick that one up soon. Afternoon swim was neither here nor there to me.

And yes, they’re on sale today in the US.

Reactions: randeeh and Kmora
They didn’t have any samples as i really wanted them to smell better on skin. I’m hoping it’s just me as I can’t wear channel perfumes as they do the same. It’s an expensive bottle of harpic

I’m happy with my Mille feux and turbulance
Turbulence smells vile on me. So far the best of the three I’ve tried is Contre Moi.

Reactions: MooMooVT
I sampled them all yesterday, but only put Cactus Garden and Sun Song on my skin.

Cactus Garden is the most interesting of the three. Not too lemongrass-y, which I was expecting.

Sun Song was nice, but it also reminded me of a cheap toiletry that was supplied in the men's locker room at the country club or racquet club I frequented while growing up.

They were nice enough, but I'm not sure they're worth the asking price. I'll definitely revisit Cactus Garden, though, as I do remember that I was initially not impressed with the men's line but now Nouveau Monde is my most worn perfume.

Too bad. I was looking to buy something new. I've also got my eye on some Frederic Malles, though, and the new Maison Diors will thankfully be arriving at the end of the month.

Reactions: fabuleux
I sampled them all yesterday, but only put Cactus Garden and Sun Song on my skin.

Cactus Garden is the most interesting of the three. Not too lemongrass-y, which I was expecting.

Sun Song was nice, but it also reminded me of a cheap toiletry that was supplied in the men's locker room at the country club or racquet club I frequented while growing up.

They were nice enough, but I'm not sure they're worth the asking price. I'll definitely revisit Cactus Garden, though, as I do remember that I was initially not impressed with the men's line but now Nouveau Monde is my most worn perfume.

Too bad. I was looking to buy something new. I've also got my eye on some Frederic Malles, though, and the new Maison Diors will thankfully be arriving at the end of the month.
Thanks for the review!

Reactions: ultravisitor
I used to really not like Dior Homme, but I came around on it. Still, I prefer Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Parfum.

I don't find anything special about Terre d'Hermès, especially not the newest vetiver versione of it.
Terre d’Hermès is awful. I strongly dislike its scent.

I’m a bit over Ombre Nomade and I don’t think I will be repurchasing it once I run out. I might pick Orage next, as I have gotten many compliments while wearing the samples. In the meantime, I switched to Un Jardin sur le Nil for a fresh and light spring fragrance.

Terre d’Hermès is awful. I strongly dislike its scent.

I’m a bit over Ombre Nomade and I don’t think I will be repurchasing it once I run out. I might pick Orage next, as I have gotten many compliments while wearing the samples. In the meantime, I switched to Un Jardin sur le Nil for a fresh and light spring fragrance.
Ombre Nomade is wonderful, but I don't wear it very often. I think it works best in the winter, too, so I probably won't be touching mine very often until fall arrives again.

Since the new LVs were a bit of a disappointment, I think I'm going to pick up Music for a While from Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle and possibly either Coromandel or Sycomore from Chanel. The Frederic Malle will be nice for the summer because the pineapple is really bright and juicy on my skin.

Just tried the 3 new fragrances today. Afternoon Swim smells divine. Loved it, it’s definitely unisex. The perfume case with the wave is separate, doesn’t come with it.

As part of the launch my SA said next week, they will be engravings on the glass perfume bottles. Only on the 3 new fragrances purchases. I thought that was really cool touch

Yes! The Hermessences are really lovely. A lot to choose from. I read online that some guys wear Galop. I might have to take a look at that one next time I visit a store.
That looks really interesting, I'll check it out. I haven't gotten any new scents in a while because I ended up with too many at some point, but some of the bottle are getting emptier now. That's why I haven't tried any of the LV scents so far. I usually use poivre samarcande, ambre narguilé or vanille galante for every day, I really enjoyed the old version of bel ami.