New Legacy Satchel yay or nay? pics

Apr 25, 2007
I got my Legacy Canvas Satchel on ebay a couple days ago and I'm just not sure about it. It's the only bag
I have that just cannot fit on my shoulder and I knew it wouldn't before hand.. but I feel kind of silly having it in the crook of my arm.

It may end up back on ebay... Tell me what you think about it please.

Also a little while ago I scored this Soho Satchel in Black leather at an outlet for $190.00. I really like it so should I stick with the soho as my only satchel?

Attachments

• DSCN1642.JPG
    DSCN1642.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN1577.JPG
    DSCN1577.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN1511.JPG
    DSCN1511.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN1448.JPG
    DSCN1448.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 67
awww, i really like that legacy satchel. the white trim really pops out against the brown canvas. did you post a thread about you winning this on ebay? i think i remember it, you were so excited. maybe keep the satchel for a week or two, and see if it grows on you? i'm a shoulder-bag type of girl. i can't stand those that hang on the arm. but i recently bought the small legacy straw tote from last summer at the outlet a couple months ago. it can go on the shoulder, but looks fabulous on the arm. i've been carrying it non stop on the weekends lately, and i love carrying my bags on the arm now! i'm converted!

i'd say give it some time, and if you're still not feeling it, sell it and get your money back or buy something else that'll make you happy. i think it looks great, but it's up to you. go with your gut.

congrats on the soho. that's one great deal! :biggrin:

I like it alright, but I think what's important is if YOU like it. :yes: I have done the same thing... ordered a bag I LOVED but then it didn't go on my shoulder so great and that just bothered me too much..> I am a shoulder bag kind of gal.... if it bothers you enough, I would sell it.. but it looks cute one you and lots of girls wear their bags on their arm.. just up to you and what you are comfortable with. :tup:

I've had the same satchel in leather since last winter, and have worn it only a handful of times. For me, the clincher is its heavy weight. I'm not sure how much the bag weighs in canvas, but I'd think about that when weighing your decision. The other thing I've discovered about satchels is that it's awfully hard to shop or do other things where you need your hands/arms unencumbered. Wow! I guess I've made a case for not keeping the bag. Yet, it looks so beautiful! Maybe give it a try and see what you think:hrmm:, I just thought I'd share my experience.

I seriously think you're either a shoulder bag gal or crook-in-the-arm girl. SOMETIMEs you bend the rules if the bag is TDF. LOL.... maybe give it some time and see if you like it enough to wear on your arm. It is a really pretty bag. :graucho: Also, what are your needs for this bag? Everyday or once in a while? Do you just take your bags to and from work? If so, a satchel would be fine or are you a stay-home-mom running errands all day and chasing little ones? In that case, a lighter weight shoulder bag might be better.

If carrying the legacy satchel on your arm is going to bother you, I say sell and put the money towards something that you really love.

I love that soho satchel btw. Excellent choice!

I have the same soho satchel but in camel. The fact that the straps are just long enough to fit comfortably on my shoulder yet it can be carried like a satchel in the crook of my arm and looks great -- this was why I decided on this as my satchel. I love love love the look of satchels but I must say they can be a bit cumbersome and not as practical when shopping. as lunatwinkle said, I also think carrying a satchel type bag in the crook of your arm takes some getting used to.
If you're not lovin' it you should put your $ towards something that your going to love and be able to use comfortably. Maybe carry it around the house with stuff in it and see if it becomes more natural and comfortable?
BTW, it looks great on your arm!!

I have the soho satchel and LOVE it...the legacy back, while gorgeous, seems uncomfortable. I like to be able to carry my bags on my shoulder to get it out of the way, and I can do that with the soho.

If you don't adore it, then sell it...i'm sure something else will grab you, no reason to have money tied up in something you don't really enjoy.

I just exchanged my Pond leather satchel for a black one and am soooo in love with it I could never return it! I have lots of shoulder bags, but it always bugs me so much when they fall off my shoulder, and they hurt my shoulder and back. I like carrying my satchel on my arm - I still have both hands free to shop so I don't see how carrying a satchel would be cumbersome. Try it for a week and see how it works.

Attachments

• IMG_3752.JPG
    IMG_3752.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3753.JPG
    IMG_3753.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 45