New Insolite in DE

Oryx816

H-eureuse
Apr 30, 2014
Just came from LV event and spotted a new insolite. Sadly, I could not bring her home due to quality issue so they are ordering a new one but I took a couple of pics....

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403985071.581522.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1403985090.949699.jpg

The quality issue is the only reason I didn't buy her. When I pulled the snaps open, I saw the part by the top zippy area pulling apart with the glue showing. This is a brand new wallet that launched yesterday! I have a zippy compact wallet that is 6 months old being repaired for the same issue (glue showing), so I told them I wanted another one.

I was disappointed especially because I have wanted the insolite for so long but I was holding out for the day when it would come out in a colored DE.
:sad:

It is definitely nicer IRL than on the website. Since I had commented for years about how I was waiting for the colored interior DE, my SA was sweet enough to set it aside as soon as it came in. She was also saddened about the quality issue when I pointed it out. I was looking carefully at the glazing (from reading all the helpful posts from fellow TPFers), and that was perfect but the glue was definitely a deal breaker. I hope it is just a fluke, but I thought I would share it in case it is an issue.

On a side note regarding quality, I was speaking with the store manager at the event and she mentioned that my Sirius suitcase was in amazing shape for an 18 year old suitcase. I replied that it was remarkable that it is the first time I was getting a repair on it (minor stitching due to over stuffing probably), but yet had recently returned to LV after many years only buying Chanel, only to have my zippy compact wallet go in for repairs within months of purchasing and VERY light use (I rotate wallets frequently, at least once a month). She gave me a knowing look but naturally couldn't comment.

I still feel hopeful to have a perfect red damier insolite. I will keep my fellow TPFers posted on the status of the new one when it arrives.

**sorry for the long post**
:smile: