New idea for a sticky--thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! This has already been addressed in Vlad's thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/status-of-the-coach-sub-forum-488074.html

As it stands right now, reveal threads are allowed and totally welcome! I think it's fair to say that those of us who don't like them, open other threads, and those that love them, join them. We don't want to take the enjoyment from those that do when it's simple just to not click on them, kwim?? They are allowed in all designer subforums actually. The other issue is that threads that get really long clog up the servers, and I'm not really sure how a reveal sticky would end up being different than the monthly purchase threads anyway, and might be a bit of chaos as multiple people post. Reveal threads are really individual.

i love the reveal threads... a stickied thread would get long and unwieldy for me plus it would diminish the fun, glee and excitement we have ogling everyone's new stuff and sharing my new goodies...

i love being able to see modeling pictures and getting a better idea of what bags look like IRL without a trip to the boutique or outlet... i like knowing the going rates on bags that have made it to the outlet, bonanzle and ebay... the reveals are as useful to me as the threads on caring for bags or other detailed information

we get upswells of reveals when sales and coupons come out but the threads eventually fall to the back pages so that more new things can be put on display... i can get my head around the idea of reveal subforum :tup: but a never ending reveal thread doesn't sound like nearly as much fun :tdown:

Well said Johnnie :yes: I totally agree

i love the reveal threads... a stickied thread would get long and unwieldy for me plus it would diminish the fun, glee and excitement we have ogling everyone's new stuff and sharing my new goodies...

i love being able to see modeling pictures and getting a better idea of what bags look like IRL without a trip to the boutique or outlet... i like knowing the going rates on bags that have made it to the outlet, bonanzle and ebay... the reveals are as useful to me as the threads on caring for bags or other detailed information

we get upswells of reveals when sales and coupons come out but the threads eventually fall to the back pages so that more new things can be put on display... i can get my head around the idea of reveal subforum :tup: but a never ending reveal thread doesn't sound like nearly as much fun :tdown:

I could see a possible reveal subforum within Coach like the shopping section, but I don't know if that will fly. People do tend to complain about all the "organization" as it is, and of course it would require people to post in the correct section. Also we want to make sure the subforum flows, and this is one reason we don't merge more threads than we do. Anyway, I will ask.

I could see a possible reveal subforum within Coach like the shopping section, but I don't know if that will fly. People do tend to complain about all the "organization" as it is, and of course it would require people to post in the correct section. Also we want to make sure the subforum flows, and this is one reason we don't merge more threads than we do. Anyway, I will ask.

This is what I am talking about. Then those that want to do and see reveals have all of them in one area, just like the outlet thread does...everyone has separate things there so there would be no more clogging than numerous reveals in one day, that is my take on things.

For instance...
Reveals thread...post your reveals here!
Mokey's day at the mall.....my thread here
BagLadys full reveal from this weekend.....
another member
another member....you get the idea. Not globbing them into ONE thread, just ONE section is what I had in mind.

I'm with JohnnieGA...I love the reveals (especially hers)!

I'm new, but I like to comment on the pics that others post. And I like to see how others accessorize and decorate their bags. Folks on here can come up with combinations that I would never be able to imagine.

I would think a forum without reveals and pictures would be kind of boring, but maybe that's just me.

Also, just to clarify, comments are definitely allowed in the monthly purchases thread. Only specific reference & deals threads are 'no chat' threads in Coach. :yes:

I think just because Coach is so popular, we will naturally see more reveal threads than other subforums that may have less traffic. It is just part of the ebb & flow of tPF to have people that want to post and glow about their new purchases. Isn't that what we are here for? To enjoy each others' love for bags?

Last edited:
This is what I am talking about. Then those that want to do and see reveals have all of them in one area, just like the outlet thread does...everyone has separate things there so there would be no more clogging than numerous reveals in one day, that is my take on things.

For instance...
Reveals thread...post your reveals here!
Mokey's day at the mall.....my thread here
BagLadys full reveal from this weekend.....
another member
another member....you get the idea. Not globbing them into ONE thread, just ONE section is what I had in mind.

I understand what you're saying, but that is something I cannot do. We have to get Vlad to add a section. I sent a message, so let's sit tight and we will see shortly what they want to do.

i hardly ever do reveals but i like to know that there is freedom to post my own thread in the main coach section as opposed to lumping it in a stickied thread with everybody else's.
My reasoning is i enjoy all the comments directed just for me. :greengrin: I don't want to have to share a thread.
So i vote no to a new stickied reveal thread.

+ 1

I hardly ever do reveals but I like to know that there is freedom to post my own thread in the main Coach section as opposed to lumping it in a stickied thread with everybody else's.
My reasoning is I enjoy all the comments directed just for me. :greengrin: I don't want to have to share a thread.
So I vote no to a new stickied reveal thread.

+2. Seeing everyone's new purchases is one of the things that makes the forum so enjoyable for me personally. When there are threads I don't enjoy, I move on to the next. I feel it should be pretty easy for everyone to do that if they don't enjoy reveals :tup:

I like it the way it is right now. I don't find it hard to look through the threads to get to the Coach related topics. Pretty simple. We label our threads as a reveal or something to that extent so it enables those who want to see it to look in it, for those that don't they can simply pass on it.

The only thing that we would consider is starting a subforum within Coach, and some other very busy designer forums, for reveals.

We wouldn't want it to disrupt the flow of the forum and would want people to see the reveals as well. Since Coach is one of the busiest forums it would be one of the few that we would consider trying it out with. Let me talk it over with Vlad and the Coach mods a bit more!

Status
Not open for further replies.