New here! Have a question about my new Maggie!

Wow...I'm sort of sorry I asked. I was really excited to join this group but pretty bummed to get jumped on so quickly. After doing a quick search I realized that I'm not the first one to make that mistake. I find the whole you "shouldn't return a purse if you've worn it for even 5 minutes" silly and lacking in common sense. Call me stupid, I just don't get understand that.

Don't worry, I won't be posting here again.

I'm sorry you felt attacked. I apologize. But the thing is...while were a very friendly group of women and men, you have to remember that we all have our own opinions of things that very may well, from time to time, differ from your own. It's not a bad thing to see the other side of things...after all this is a forum for views and opinions. And speaking for myself, I do try to refrain from being snarky when disagreeing, I just try to honor my own independent stance on things. If you felt that I was "jumping on you"...please know, that was never my intent...I was just airing my opinion on your situation--what you end up doing, well, thats between you and Coach.

I was the buying end of a situation not long ago in which the bag was used...it was very disappointing and it does effect how I feel about this topic. I don't know how long the bag was used, or how it was treated...all I know is that I paid a couple hundred dollars for a bag that wasn't what it claimed to be. So, that is where I drew my conclusion from...it actually had nothing to do with you--my very best friend in the world could say/contemplate the same thing, and she'd get the exact same response from me. I just think it's wrong. Sorry.

Thing is, it's light in color, and I'm so worried about the fabric looking dirty and dingy after a while. I wore it for the first time today and found myself babying it, which isn't practical for me.

Thanks everyone! I literally wore it from the mall parking lot to the Coach store, the lady there said I could exchange it even though the tag was removed (my husband took the tag off before giving it to me).

Let me get this straight...you had to "baby" it while walking from your car to the Coach store? And you realized it wasn't "practical" after that short of a trip/usage? Sounds kind of fishy to me :rolleyes:

I would've tried to put this in a nicer way, but you probably would've been offended anyway, and claim that I was "attacking" you. The other posts on here were simply people's opinions (since this is a PUBLIC forum to express those opinions). No one was attacking you, and there was no reason you should have felt that way. These nice people are even apologizing to you, even though there was nothing mean or offensive about their posts.

The fact is, you want to return a USED bag. Most people do not like that, and therefore will not encourage it. You can try to justify it all you want, but in the end, it has still been USED. I feel bad for the unsuspecting buyer who has to pay good money only to get your second hand bag.

I wasn't going to post again, but stink, I couldn't help myself.

Wow...now I'm a liar....really? For the record, I babied my purse from the moment I took it out of it's box. I babied it when I tried it on and off in my home. And I was afraid to get it dirty in my car so I kept it in it's box until I got to the mall, and carried it into the Coach store thinking about exchanging it. I'm a grown, honest woman - why would I lie about how I handled my purse? Good grief.

This is my second Coach, and the first time I got one from a Coach store, so I was unaware that people have such strong opinions about returns. I'm sorry if I ruffled feathers. My husband saved for weeks and my coworkers chipped in to buy this purse for me as a gift. It will be my only purse for quite some time, so it's important that I'm happy with it. It's a lot of money to spend, and I think it's ridiculous that you should be stuck with something that costs so much just because you wore it on your shoulder for a few minutes. The bag is in pristine condition - if someone purchases it, there is no way one could ever tell it had been purchased previously, which is why I find this so silly. I'm grateful for a store with a return policy that allows me to exchange an item I may not be happy with, and I'm going to trust that the SA who told me I can exchange it (and saw me wear the bag into the store) knows what she is doing.

For those that actually offered advice, thanks a bunch! For those who really didn't care to offer advice but were more concerned about the horrors of purchasing a bag that may have been worn for five minutes by someone else, perhaps ordering online may be a better option? There's a risk or purchaing a return with any brick and mortar store.

And for the record, maybe it isn't people like me you should be concerned with. The bag that the store is currently holding for me is the display model, and probably handled by dozens of people. In fact, the SA took it on and off at least 3 times and wore it around the store as she was trying to convince me I'd be happier with the leather. So if I buy it, really, it's an even exchange. :smile:

Well, I guess we'll all have to agree to disagree. You're going to do whatever it is you're going to do and good luck to you!

I guess I can only tell that you what you experienced here is the catch with any public forum...sometimes you're just going to hear things you'd rather not. Asking for advice will often reap both sides of the coin. We're not a bunch of "yes men" who will nod in approval regardless of the topic and regardless of the contemplation...in actuality, we're going to weigh your story out, and give you our opinion and best advice as we see it. In this instance we all respectfully disagreed with returning a used bag. If you think that you were the only one who got this advice...check out the thread about the member who isn't into her turquoise Kristin satchel. She also used and wanted to return...the members collectively told her it was a bad idea. Same thing, different bag. Like I said, we're all pretty much anti returning used merch.

As far as the SA taking the bag back...no big shocker there. SA's are pretty accommodating...and really, why wouldn't they be? They know the bag is used and they won't be the one buying it, I'd bet that (unless the bag is beyond rare--which your Maggie isn't) if they wanted it, they'd demand a new one as well. But as the consumer of this product, we see it differently. If we're paying new-bag-prices, we'd all rather have a new bag.

I'm glad to hear it worked it. Enjoy.

Wow...I'm sort of sorry I asked. I was really excited to join this group but pretty bummed to get jumped on so quickly. After doing a quick search I realized that I'm not the first one to make that mistake. I find the whole you "shouldn't return a purse if you've worn it for even 5 minutes" silly and lacking in common sense. Call me stupid, I just don't get understand that.

Don't worry, I won't be posting here again.

I received the periwinkle blue leather Maggie as a Xmas gift and on the first day of carrying it I noticed the leather wearing off the handles. I took it into the store and they took it back immediately. Since the periwinkle was no longer available I got the Silver/Gray Op Art Maggie just like yours. I was worried about it getting dirty then decided "what the heck" and just used it. You can clean it with just a damp cloth or unscented baby wipes according to Coach. Good luck!!

Let me get this straight...you had to "baby" it while walking from your car to the Coach store? And you realized it wasn't "practical" after that short of a trip/usage? Sounds kind of fishy to me :rolleyes:

I would've tried to put this in a nicer way, but you probably would've been offended anyway, and claim that I was "attacking" you. The other posts on here were simply people's opinions (since this is a PUBLIC forum to express those opinions). No one was attacking you, and there was no reason you should have felt that way. These nice people are even apologizing to you, even though there was nothing mean or offensive about their posts.

The fact is, you want to return a USED bag. Most people do not like that, and therefore will not encourage it. You can try to justify it all you want, but in the end, it has still been USED. I feel bad for the unsuspecting buyer who has to pay good money only to get your second hand bag.

Still "babying" mine.

Ladies, let's please be a bit careful stating opinions such that they do not come off as personal attacks, and please avoid any gang mentality. Some of the posts are on the line, and we really need to keep the drama off the board. On the other hand, people will have opinions, so one has to be prepared for that as well. Returning used bags is definitely a sensitive topic in our forum, and I think we can agree to disagree here, as ultimately it's really between the OP and the store...and up to the store whether they allow the return or not. OP, I do hope you will give the forum a chance, as it really is a great place to learn and share info about the brand we love! We really do have a great group of ladies!

Thanks everyone!!

Well I have learned from this forum that if you don't post an opinion that goes along with the majority you are often "attacked". People need to remember that everyone has their own outlook on things and is entitled to it.

^^Please hit the report post and report this to us, as most of the time we don't see the threads and rely on reports. We will issue a reminder or respond according to the situation. When you allow yourself to be baited, you create your own drama, and this becomes just as bad as the initial attack. It's very messy for the mods to clean up. There's a right way and wrong way to state an opinion...attacks/drama are not allowed. In fact, repeated offenses run the risk of the poster getting banned. Please do not allow yourself to be baited, but either count to ten before responding, step out of the thread, or report. Thanks!

:back2topic:

My friend got that purse for Christmas and loves it! She uses it every day & it seems to still be in great condition! And I have to admit, she definitely doesn't baby it at all!

I CRINGE when she puts it down on the floor!

Unfortunately with Coach's current return policy you never quite know what you are getting when you think you are buying "new"! This really sucks because if a bag isn't brand new, it shouldn't cost nearly as much! Apparently they reattach tags to returns w/o tags sometimes! I recently bought a FP delete from the outlet that I am pretty sure was a return and might have been used. If it wasn't used why were the care cards and dustbag removed? I just have a feeling it was.... I think a lot of people leave the tag on and use the bag unfortunately. One time someone bought a bag at the outlet and found a chap stick in it! I mean there is no reason a new bag should have chap stick in it. I totally agree with your point of view, but as long as Coach is so generous with their return policy we will never be sure if the bag is truly new or not when we buy, whether we buy at the outlet or FP store! I guess if you buy online you might be guaranteed it is unused?

I totally agree! I once found someones keys inside my "New" FP bag!

So talk about luck...I was going to do the exchange yesterday, when I happened upon a local listing in craigslist for a 3 month old walnut Maggie in very gently used condition for only $175! So I bought it, and now I have both. So happy since I really LOVE my grey op art Maggie. Now I won't worry about babying my fabric bag too much since I won't carry it everyday. So giddy happy!

So talk about luck...I was going to do the exchange yesterday, when I happened upon a local listing in craigslist for a 3 month old walnut Maggie in very gently used condition for only $175! So I bought it, and now I have both. So happy since I really LOVE my grey op art Maggie. Now I won't worry about babying my fabric bag too much since I won't carry it everyday. So giddy happy!

:yahoo: Thats great news I really am happy for you ;)

Lucky you!!! No you can enjoy both bags. I am loving my Op Art Maggie and the fear of getting it dirty lessens each day!

Ladies, let's please be a bit careful stating opinions such that they do not come off as personal attacks, and please avoid any gang mentality. Some of the posts are on the line, and we really need to keep the drama off the board. On the other hand, people will have opinions, so one has to be prepared for that as well. Returning used bags is definitely a sensitive topic in our forum, and I think we can agree to disagree here, as ultimately it's really between the OP and the store...and up to the store whether they allow the return or not. OP, I do hope you will give the forum a chance, as it really is a great place to learn and share info about the brand we love! We really do have a great group of ladies!

Thanks everyone!!

As usual, very well said.:goodpost: