New here! Gold hardware variations questions please!

Hi All!

I’m gearing up to buy my dream bag a-medium classic flap with gold hardware. I’ve seen what looks like a number of variations of the yellow gold on authentic bags. Not speaking about the light gold, or champagne etc. I was talking to someone who once worked as an SA in Singapore and she said the color of gold can vary from season to season. Is this true? I’ve seen some black flaps with very yellow looking hardware that is not 24k gold and I’ve seen some less saturated. Is this something I should look out for? I like the look of gold but not too yellow. Any advice or feedback before I make my big purchase I would really appreciate. Thank you all!

I always thought the classic flaps post 2010 all had the same gold color. A salesperson had commented to me once that there can be variation but I have never noticed.
Thanks! I always thought that too I was surprised when the SA said differently. I have noticed different shades but maybe some have faded over time. I’ve also noticed some turn locks that are a different shade than the straps. I don’t know if that is a quality control issue or what.

I am probably one of those people you see on the street with hardware not matching. My classic flap in caviar is about ten years old and was starting to tarnish on the turnlock closure. I cleaned it with brasso and now it’s brighter than the hardware on my handles. I’m sure there can be a number of reasons why you’ve seen that. If you are buying from the boutique wait until you find one you love. I have purchased a number of bags over the years and not all lambskin caviar or even the hardware is created equal even with Chanel’s outrageous prices. Sorry for any typos I am on my phone and trying my best lol.

so a new bag from the boutique can have different shades of gold on the clasp vs the chain or does it just fade over time?
Either way with those prices, I feel like it should stay the same

I am probably one of those people you see on the street with hardware not matching. My classic flap in caviar is about ten years old and was starting to tarnish on the turnlock closure. I cleaned it with brasso and now it’s brighter than the hardware on my handles. I’m sure there can be a number of reasons why you’ve seen that. If you are buying from the boutique wait until you find one you love. I have purchased a number of bags over the years and not all lambskin caviar or even the hardware is created equal even with Chanel’s outrageous prices. Sorry for any typos I am on my phone and trying my best lol.
Thank you for that information!

When I was at a store last weekend, I was shown a few different bags with gold hardware. Does anyone know how durable brushed gold is? Seemed like that was used more on seasonal bags vs the classic flaps which seemed to have the standard yellow gold I was expecting.