New Gucci 1955 Horsebit Bag

Hawaii store is 20% cheaper and tax is only 4%. Where I live sales tax is 7% so it's a pretty significant discount. Same with LV and most luxury brands.

This is new information to me:eek:
I had to do some research and OMG!

After some math I think I didn’t miss out too much if anything at all since I’m in Canada and the conversion rate is always:tdown: plus I would’ve had to risk getting charged tax/duties for bringing it back so phew but that’s good to know!

What I did miss is 3 different opportunities to buy it at the price prior increase and I had almost forgotten about it until now LOL

Looking to buy the Small in brown sugar/mono over 4th of July weekend. Just curious if anyone has any regrets after a few months (or longer) of owning it? Do you still reach for it?

Thanks in advance.

I got the small camera bag in brown/mono several months ago. Though I absolutely adore the colors - and that hidden phone pocket behind the flap - I just didn't reach for it. It was smaller than I expected and a little tight getting inside, which I've learned is something that annoys me to no end. I surprised myself by selling a couple of weeks ago - life is too short to have a bag I'm not excited about using!

Both are gorgeous!

The hardware shows up more on the off-white. The beige is more subtle and less 'pop'.

Describe your perfect neutrals you have in your wardrobe already?

Thank you so much! :heart:

I am ridiculously boring and pretty much only wear neutrals (black, grey or white) with a very occasional blue or purple tinged skirt or dress sneaking it's way in.

I also mostly wear silver toned jewelry so had been thinking the beige might be better for me for exactly the reason you stated about the hardware.

Thanks again, I am going to try to see them in person this weekend and will definitely post pics for anyone who is interested if I do!

Reactions: papertiger
She has been my go to bag…just so in love :girlsigh::heart: I should really take some ootd shots with her.

PS- I have super long hair and have been wearing the bag shoulder style with hair down and no casualties so far
View attachment 5129839

So chic! :heart:

Every time I see the GG Supreme version it makes me wish I had gone for canvas instead of leather. The vintage look is absolutely stunning. If they had a black GG Supreme version I would've totally gotten it! :lol:

Hi! I actually own (3) LV Pochette Metis and I just got the Gucci Horsebit bag you speak of. I'm obviously a big fan of the PM but I have to agree the clasp can get annoying (mine have a lot of scratches :crybaby:), however it's really nice being able to wear it crossbody and having an exterior back pocket is really handy. I also love the little compartments inside and the fact the bag feels light. I have the noir and marine rouge empreinte leather and the reverse mono and I get compliments all the time when I wear them. My husband says it's his favorite bag style that I own. One potential downside (not to me but maybe to you) is that it's a pretty common bag, but I never see it where I live and I wouldn't love my bags less even if it was.

As for the Gucci Horsebit, the canvas is coated, scratch and dent proof. It feels sturdy and the bag itself is surprisingly heavy, but not in a bad way--it just feels well constructed. I love the vintage look of the brown/canvas one and the horsebit accents are classy. A couple of cons though: (1) I've already experienced my hair getting caught in the little snappy things, (2) wish there was an exterior pocket to slide my phone/card holder into and a top handle for easy grabbing, and (3) extending bag strap is a little tedious but this is probably because I'm lazy, but at 5'2" I do feel it falls at a weird spot crossbody (which is my preferred style) but it looks great as a shoulder bag. My nitpicking aside, I don't regret buying the Horsebit at all. It's more classic Gucci (versus the trendy stuff) and it's bound to dress up any outfit. I also think it's ageless and not something that every girl (or guy) has.

View attachment 5125688
View attachment 5125689
Such a great collection! Very good advice. How much can you fit into the Gucci vs the PM? I used to own a PM and thought it could fit quite a lot, but I suppose it’s a lot softer and has more give than the Horsebit.

Reactions: amourorless
I have this in the mini in the brown mono and it’s just love! I initially got it for the guitar strap but now I don’t even use it anymore lol I just use the original brown strap. Surprised there aren’t many YouTube videos or influencers wearing this but it’s such a versatile bag and the mini is surprisingly roomy inside

Has anyone gone to the store and tried this new bag on in person?

It's a "mini" version that comes with a fabric guitar strap and an adjustable leather strap!!!

Both mini and small are currently sold at the same price (CAD$3055 for canvas and CAD$3500 for leather)

• Mini size: 8.1"W x 5.7"H x 2"D
  • Small size: 9.8"W x 7"H x 3.1"D

I still haven't been able to pull the trigger with the Small size since the price increase but now am considering the Mini...

*photos screenshot from the Gucci site/keywords: Gucci 1955 Horsebit
View attachment 5042320

View attachment 5042328View attachment 5042329 <--- Mini vs Small --->View attachment 5042330

Gucci is really killing me with this size! I bought the small one last year and it was my first Gucci ever. But now that I have seen these, I'm seriously tempted to get another.

hi guys! i’m planning to buy the horsebit in-store, but its gonna be my first time buying Gucci.. anyone know would we always get the ‘still wrapped’ bag or not? cause i dont think i want the display item but its kinda limited on where i live.. thanks!

Gucci is really killing me with this size! I bought the small one last year and it was my first Gucci ever. But now that I have seen these, I'm seriously tempted to get another.

This was my thought initially but honestly since owning the Small my urge to buy the mini has passed so I'm perfectly content...not to say if one day someone wants to buy me a mini I wouldn't be happy lol :P

hi guys! i’m planning to buy the horsebit in-store, but its gonna be my first time buying Gucci.. anyone know would we always get the ‘still wrapped’ bag or not? cause i dont think i want the display item but its kinda limited on where i live.. thanks!

When I went to my store my SA didn't seem to have any problems bringing out wrapped bags from the stock room for me to inspect but I think that will definitely depend on the stock level of your store the time you go in. If you don't find one you are happy with while in-store I'm sure they will be able to order one for you.

:smile:
This was my thought initially but honestly since owning the Small my urge to buy the mini has passed so I'm perfectly content...not to say if one day someone wants to buy me a mini I wouldn't be happy lol :P

I haven’t seen the mini in person yet and I really love the small one. But you know, the pics are tempting. Also, I’m quite short and therefore tend do buy smaller bags. Hopefully I’ll go to the Gucci store just to find out that my small Horsebit is just right ;)

Reactions: VSUVUS