new fan of chanel got some questions!

ladyblunt

O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
hi ladies,

a few weeks ago my passion for chanel bags :heart: was born when i was looking around in this forum. though you guys got a very detailled description and a lot of great pictures of so many bags, there are still some things i don´t understand:

1. what is the difference between a classip flap and the reissue?

2. what is the difference between caviar and lambskin? is lambskin a better quality?

3. what´s that thing with the sizes: is 226 a medium an 227 a large one?

4. what are the prizes for the classic flap and the reissues? and is it true that they are really hard to find or always sold out?

sorry for bothering but it would be great if somebody could help me!

thanks a lot!!!!!

I want to bump this thread back up because I have some of the same questions. And this may sound dumb, but what does it mean for a bag to be a reissue? Chanel bags are a little more confusing with all of the sizes and #'s and everything.

hi ladies,

a few weeks ago my passion for chanel bags :heart: was born when i was looking around in this forum. though you guys got a very detailled description and a lot of great pictures of so many bags, there are still some things i don´t understand:

1. what is the difference between a classip flap and the reissue?

2. what is the difference between caviar and lambskin? is lambskin a better quality?

3. what´s that thing with the sizes: is 226 a medium an 227 a large one?

4. what are the prizes for the classic flap and the reissues? and is it true that they are really hard to find or always sold out?

sorry for bothering but it would be great if somebody could help me!

thanks a lot!!!!!

1. The reissue is a remake of the classic flap for Chanel's 50th anniversary. They are both considered 2.55's.

2. Lambskin is soft and more delicate compared to caviar leather, which has a pebble/harder grain, which tends to be more sturdy (and can take more abuse). I am not too sure about the quality issue, but lambskin seems to be more money.

3. Yes, speaking in terms of the re-issue.

5. If you look at the reference library, all the prices are listed depending on the size and make.

Great questions. :smile: I'd guessed at the answers, but it's cool to see I was right.

And yes, retroflashes, caviar items are definitely still available.

I have been debating the types of leather myself. I discussed with a super sweet SA (Colin) at the BH boutique the other day. He definitely recommended the caviar for me because I really use (abuse!) my bags.

Thanks. Shows you how new i am to this! Do you know by any chance which nordstroms carry chanel? I've seen in different threads about nordstroms carrying chanel and i would like to know which ones. Thanks.