New fall colour? Maybe?

The metallic shoulder bag is already gone from the NM website. My SA told me she had multiple preorders and she didn't think this bag would be widely available, meaning only few stores would receive a limited stock.
The Aubergine color the way I remember it did not look that burgundy to me. But then I saw it in a relatively dark area of the store while the pictures for the website were likely taken using a flash. That Olympia bag in Aubergine was sold in the course of two days so I couldn' go back and take another look at it. It seems that the Fall collection is going to be extremely popular.

^ For some odd reason, Early Fall collections have really been appealing to me; often more than the full Fall/Winter collection. That and the Cruise collections seem to have the most interesting colors.

The Olimpia bag is at a great price point ($2580, if I remember correctly) so it may sell very well.

While waiting for Mousse to post her findings, I saw this little number. It's on the NM website.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 7.05.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 7.05.54 PM.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 115
I think this actually is Aubergine. My SA sent me a picture of the Olympia bag in Aubergine and it looks similar. I was really hoping for more of a true purple, rather than so red / brown.

OK BVettes. Mousse is reporting in on her BV research from Dallas. I saw the Aubergine Olympia bag IRL tonight at the Dallas boutique. It is the only piece they have in this color. The photo NYCgirl posted is accurate although the flash makes the bottom look lighter. The flap color is very accurate. Aubergine is a very deep eggplant with significant brown overtones. I see just a hint of purple. This color just doesn't do it for me. I too was hoping for more purple. I didn't leave with anything BV or Lucchese. I did find some cool Vince flats from Nordies and a Texas cookbook from Pinto Ranch. I'm in Monterey this weekend for Cooking for Solutions at the aquarium. 'Plan to stop by the Carmel boutique on Saturday. I don't have any metallic intell from Dallas but have some great pix of Ardroise in comparison to new Gray. I'll post these when I get back to my hotel.

OK BVettes. Mousse is reporting in on her BV research from Dallas. I saw the Aubergine Olympia bag IRL tonight at the Dallas boutique. It is the only piece they have in this color. The photo NYCgirl posted is accurate although the flash makes the bottom look lighter. The flap color is very accurate. Aubergine is a very deep eggplant with significant brown overtones. I see just a hint of purple. This color just doesn't do it for me. I too was hoping for more purple. I didn't leave with anything BV or Lucchese. I did find some cool Vince flats from Nordies and a Texas cookbook from Pinto Ranch. I'm in Monterey this weekend for Cooking for Solutions at the aquarium. 'Plan to stop by the Carmel boutique on Saturday. I don't have any metallic intell from Dallas but have some great pix of Ardroise in comparison to new Gray. I'll post these when I get back to my hotel.
Well, shewt. Thanks for your report!

Excellent recon as always. I was thinking that your other job (the one that pays for your Ambassadorship) has some perks that crossover to this job. Namely, you have access to a lot of caffeine. That should help you with all the running around we have you doing. Or, flying around, as the case may be.

Last edited: