new emilie wallet peeling at the sides...anyone experienced this?

rabbitlover09

Jul 20, 2008
hi all, i got my emilie wallet just early March.. and last week i noticed the glazing on the sides had started to peel?! i dont think it was normal wear and tear as i am very gentle with my lv babies..

i 4got to take a picture of the wallet, but it has thin pieces of "brown" glaze peeling off slowly.. at both sides.. initially i thought it was just a small prob, just peel off the thin 'scraps' and my wallet still looks as good as new, but the wallet continued to peel..

today i went back to my SA and she recognised it as a defect.. i topped up for a new wallet - Elise in damier ebene.. :smile:

she told me there were a lot of complaints regarding this series of wallets from customers.. i am not the first to return it.. sighz, i really love the design of the emilie so much! missing it still now...

That should not be happening for a wallet just purchased... mine took at least 5 years of regular wear to do that

LV's quality control has gone down the tubes! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I wish these threads wouldn't get moved to FAQs where people are less likely to see them. I think it's important for people considering these wallets to know.

thanks for ur replies.. :smile:

i really love the emilie wallet so much, just not feeling "it" looking at my new elise wallet.. wanted to get the sarah but it seemed a bit too bulky to my liking.. emilie was spacious, yet soft... but the quality is questionable indeed..

that happened to my insolite coin purse purchased in oct. peeling by dec- havent used since then. they sent it in for reglazing and i should get it in 6-8 weeks. it was my favorite

ooohh, ooh.....that's not what I want to hear, Emilie wallet is the cheapest LV wallet but seems like its cheaply made too!

I hope you get it replace and better exchange it for sarah or zippy if I were you.

And, charleston-mom is right! "LV's quality control has gone down the tubes!!!!"

thanks for concern ladies... i have gotten use to my new elise wallet, its much more compact although its not as stylish compared to emilie or sarah, but i like it for the fact that it is made in france! and not spain like my other SLGs (haa superficial me)

pink214 - babe ure so lucky... continue to enjoy the emilie oki.. its such a nice wallet!

i believe besides the poor workmanship of the emilie, the wallet wont last very long due to the material, e.g. the bulk of the wallet is just coated canvas alone with minimal leather... but that's what makes the wallet so soft, yet luxurious looking..

i will consider the sarah as my next wallet, hopefully elise can last me a good 5-6 yrs.. =D