New Double Flap Maxi Caviar - Pictures!

cc8210 Thank you so much for posting these photos!!! I have ordered the same bag and have been going crazy thinking I made the wrong decision ordering the double flap instead of the singe flap.....my double flap is arriving on friday..
your pictures have made me feel so much better....any chance of posting a side profile shot of the bag? is it still the same width as the single flap? or does it look bulkier on top? Did you compare the single vs double flap in the store before ordering?

your bag is absolutlely stunning!

I'm glad you feel better about your purchase. I did see the single flap in stores but never had a chance to compare them side by side since I had to order my double flap from out of state. From the side, the top does not look bulky to me but I don't know how it would compare to the single. Honestly, it's not going to be a every day bag for me so I don't mind that the double flap is a little more inconvenient to open. The details are really awesome and I love the stories about Coco Chanel and why she designed each of the pockets. I know you will love your bag. Let me know what you think when you get it on Friday!

I wasn't so concerned about the weight or inconvenience either - I was more concerned it would look out of proportion or lopsided. but your photos show that it looks great!
fingers crossed there will be no probs with my bag...

Thanks again for lovely photos!

Beautiful, Congrats!

I think the double flap Maxi is growing on me, way more so than the Jumbo. I love the compartments and that the caviar is burgandy lined now. I noticed they had them at Saks last time I was there, but I didn't really play with it as I was in a hurry. Next time...

Sydney1- l'm so glad you finally got to see the pics:biggrin:
if l may add (as ive also owned a single flap previously), this new maxi is really structured and therefore there's no change it will be lop sided..
What i will say is that it is slightly more heavier than the single flap(i noticed it straight away)...

The other thing was i had a change to pic from 2 flaps in store (just to compare quality and the other same bag which i also held seemed alot heavier???

sometimes you just need to compare bags too as leather batches do vary- the weight can vary from bag to bag... I went for the lighter one! HTH

cc8210 - quick question about your maxi double flap - does the burgundy lining have a little ripple? or is the burgundy perfectly lined on top? i've noticed a little ripple in my burgundy lining. is this normal? looking at the pictures you posted - your maxi appears perfectly lined