New Dior limited edition bag reveal

Here it is.....well done to those who guessed it right but i still wonder how because the shape can be of normal samourai aswell.....but how did u guess particularly Japanese knot?

dsc02565fm.jpg
dsc02568k.jpg
dsc02569x.jpg
dsc02570o.jpg
dsc02571xe.jpg
dsc02572as.jpg
dsc02573om.jpg
dsc02574cf.jpg

from the shape,it's japanese knot samourai in black version.

US outlet actually had it last year, i think it's sold out now,but if you contact dior customer service, they will direct you to the outlet which carry the version you want.
Thanks for the info...Actually I do have the samourai in all versions apart from crocodile skin...this bag didnt come straight from boutique, I bought it from a seller in US. There is only one of my samourai I bought from an outlet, the armour bag in deep red colour but that came for 1900 usd.....for half price.....all other bags came mostly from USA. I was quite surprised to find out that the Japanese knot version was sooo light compared to the other samourai bags I have. I like the new one best but it hurts on my shoulder due to the knot on the handle....but on the other hand, the woven leather bag is very heavy but glamorous compared to Japanese knot. But the armour bag just stays in the middle, not very heavy, does not hurt on the shoulder and just perfect and i love the colour too.
One question, the weaving work on the Japanese knot bag, where does it end? I mean is it attached inside somewhere to prevent it coming off? because mine is really loose at the end towards the bottom of the bag and i wonder whether it is not attached properly. thank you for your advise Kellyng.

Very beautiful bag! Congratulations! Enjoy in good health! You mention you have all the version of the bag. Would you mind post the samurai family portrait?

Lovely bag!

Just a side note, I thought the knot is called Chinese knot.....at least thats what we call it in China...but maybe it's the same thing.

i thought that too until few years ago,i went to Kyoto,japan for trip and saw the exactly same knot on a roof of a shrine(or temple?). in Japan,they call it as 水引(mizuhiki), an ancient applied art of tying various knots of special cords.

after the trip,i was crazy finding for the knot samourai as i lastly know why it's called samourai, and where the inspiration came from.:biggrin:

Thanks for the info...Actually I do have the samourai in all versions apart from crocodile skin...this bag didnt come straight from boutique, I bought it from a seller in US. There is only one of my samourai I bought from an outlet, the armour bag in deep red colour but that came for 1900 usd.....for half price.....all other bags came mostly from USA. I was quite surprised to find out that the Japanese knot version was sooo light compared to the other samourai bags I have. I like the new one best but it hurts on my shoulder due to the knot on the handle....but on the other hand, the woven leather bag is very heavy but glamorous compared to Japanese knot. But the armour bag just stays in the middle, not very heavy, does not hurt on the shoulder and just perfect and i love the colour too.
One question, the weaving work on the Japanese knot bag, where does it end? I mean is it attached inside somewhere to prevent it coming off? because mine is really loose at the end towards the bottom of the bag and i wonder whether it is not attached properly. thank you for your advise Kellyng.
it ends on the middle. that's why dior fixes the other parts by sewing it together with the base.

Lovely friends as well!

Thanks for the comments tutushopper.

Very beautiful bag! Congratulations! Enjoy in good health! You mention you have all the version of the bag. Would you mind post the samurai family portrait?

Yes of course i will post the family portrait. I hardly get time these days to take pics and on top of that, there is no sunshine....even yesterday when i was taking the pics, the sun went down and dats why my last 2 pics are dark.....will wait for some sunshine and time and i will post the family portrait.

it ends on the middle. that's why dior fixes the other parts by sewing it together with the base.

Hmm, that makes some sense and now i know why one of the spiral wire is loose from base towards the middle..basically the last wire is not stitched somewhere to keep it from coming off but just stuck somehow in the middle i guess.....cuz i tried to pull the loose one and it freed out, then i tried to stick it back in and it is just fine as before!

sent!!:biggrin: seems like sammy girls are growing recently!

Cannot resist that bag so there is no wonder why everyone wants it.....although not everyone can have it cuz there is only a limited number produced....i sometimes buy the same one over and over again and someone may think that i am mad because i end up with 2 or 3 of the same kind but having said that, i need to remind people that i am a collector of limited edition pieces and somehow it makes me proud to own 3 pieces out of a 1000 produced in the whole world..! well thats me hehe:smile: