New Dior Jolie Bag!

lovingmochi

Jul 30, 2022
Just came across a Dior pre-launch YT video uploaded yesterday -

There's a new Jolie bag which looks to be derived from the Caro, with pearl detailing on the flap button closure and chain, removable chain and top handle. Not sure if I like the flap silhouette though (looks like there's a removable inner flap maybe? Kinda skimmed through the video). Otherwise it seems quite versatile and roomy. The top handle looks silly when the bag is worn on the shoulder.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.07.31 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.24.45 AM.png

Also spotted a couple new Lady Dior colour and motif!

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.10.01 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 9.10.12 AM.png

Don't like the flap shape nor the handle ; I feel like that pearl will cause a lot of trouble either with the sheen coming off, or the whole pearl falling off because it is on the clasp ( a heavy use place and sticking out so it will bump into things a lot).
Also the lady Dior is not a flap bag which makes it a bit unique, but this bag looks like a lady Dior and a Chanel flap merged into a meh bag.

There's a new Jolie bag which looks to be derived from the Caro, with pearl detailing on the flap button closure and chain, removable chain and top handle. Not sure if I like the flap silhouette though (looks like there's a removable inner flap maybe? Kinda skimmed through the video). Otherwise it seems quite versatile and roomy. The top handle looks silly when the bag is worn on the shoulder.

View attachment 5954597
View attachment 5954598

View attachment 5954599
View attachment 5954600

I saw this video too! I think the top handle for the Jolie bag is fully removable. Lilac is such a pretty color but bummed I missed out on the matcha/ethereal green last year.

I like the flap shape a lot, and love how both straps are removable. The pearls on the strap are fine. Not sure how I feel about the pearl in the middle of the CD closure.

Reactions: konanicole
Thanks for sharing. Like most here, I am Not a fan of the Jolie but the soleil charm on the zodiac lady dior is :loveeyes: they have a line of jewelry that incorporates the soleil design which looks cool but is pricey for what is essentially costume jewelry. Texted my SA to see if they have the jewelry so I can see in person but thankfully not even tempted by the bags.

Reactions: Sparkletastic

View attachment 5954597
View attachment 5954598

View attachment 5954599
View attachment 5954600

I love Dior so much but personally I like last season more

Reactions: linglingluxury
Well… I just purchased the Dior Jolie!
It’s my first Dior bag (up until now I’ve exclusively collected Louis Vuitton) and I went in 100% intending to buy the medium Caro bag and thought I just needed to decide on the color (btw love the light taupe). However, upon my first impression of seeing it in person, I felt very… underwhelmed. The Caro is definitely beautiful & classic, lightweight and so spacious and functional. I still think it’d make a great day-to-night bag … It just didn’t feel like a $4,600 bag to me or especially luxurious and did not exactly make my heart stop - if I’m honest with myself. Then, enter the Jolie! The sales associate told me there was a similar style that hadn’t even been released yet …and when she brought out the Jolie - yes, my heart skipped a beat and I got the purse flutters!! 😄 I’m sure it’s a matter of personal style as I love a top handle and more structured purses. In person, it is gloriously stunning and has that WOW factor 🤩 This leather is glossier, which automatically makes it look more elevated. The hardware is shinier (not antiqued). The logo size is more balanced on the bag (IMO) and the closure mechanism is more intricate. What got me is the elegant details - the pearls in the chain are so dainty and feminine. The strap and lock feel like jewelry - it dresses up the purse and just makes it more “extra”. And it is extra btw lol - this was $700 more than the Caro. However, I felt like I was getting more from the Jolie because of the multi-functionality of it. The look completely changes if you have the chain hanging or draped while you carry it top handle (my fav); if you remove the chain and just hold it by the handle; or remove the handle and just carry it by the chain. You can also wear the flap with it showing in front or hidden, tucked in. The size of the Jolie is bigger than a small Caro and smaller than the medium (just about 2” shorter in length). So this is a great in-between-size that looks perfect crossbody and can also be more formal for evening wear, but still hold quite a bit. There’s also a ton of organization! You get a large center compartment, a spacious flap pocket (large enough to hold your iPhone), a large internal back pocket that could hold keys and lipsticks and 2 interior flat pockets in the main compartment also can hold card holders etc. Considering the size, it does hold a lot but still doesn’t look bulky. The downsides for me were: You do have to be more intentional about what you carry and how you arrange it to fit in the Jolie; there’s no external back pocket; and I think the top handle would look better if it held its arch (however, it is more comfortable and less intrusive when it lays flat and because it can flip forward or backward, it looks more discreet if you leave it attached while wearing it by the chain. Plus, of course, the handle is entirely removable).

I do tend to fully pack my bags and like to keep a lot of things with me, so I was attracted to the way the Caro bag could hold so much and had the convenient back pocket. I was torn because hated to give up these perks, but I knew that if I walked away from the Jolie I’d still be thinking about her and regret it - whereas I feel the Caro will always be an option there for me. Ultimately, after nearly 2 hours of deliberation in the boutique (my poor SA 😂), this purse hit the marks for me and I like that it’s a less saturated style. I’m quite surprised by the unfavorable reactions in this thread, but considering that I’m still daydreaming about my new purse I think my decision remains undeterred.

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8139.jpegIMG_8145.jpegIMG_8109.jpegIMG_8151.jpegIMG_8081.jpegIMG_8068.jpegIMG_8069.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8141.jpeg
    IMG_8141.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
It’s my first Dior bag (up until now I’ve exclusively collected Louis Vuitton) and I went in 100% intending to buy the medium Caro bag and thought I just needed to decide on the color (btw love the light taupe). However, upon my first impression of seeing it in person, I felt very… underwhelmed. The Caro is definitely beautiful & classic, lightweight and so spacious and functional. I still think it’d make a great day-to-night bag … It just didn’t feel like a $4,600 bag to me or especially luxurious and did not exactly make my heart stop - if I’m honest with myself. Then, enter the Jolie! The sales associate told me there was a similar style that hadn’t even been released yet …and when she brought out the Jolie - yes, my heart skipped a beat and I got the purse flutters!! 😄 I’m sure it’s a matter of personal style as I love a top handle and more structured purses. In person, it is gloriously stunning and has that WOW factor 🤩 This leather is glossier, which automatically makes it look more elevated. The hardware is shinier (not antiqued). The logo size is more balanced on the bag (IMO) and the closure mechanism is more intricate. What got me is the elegant details - the pearls in the chain are so dainty and feminine. The strap and lock feel like jewelry - it dresses up the purse and just makes it more “extra”. And it is extra btw lol - this was $700 more than the Caro. However, I felt like I was getting more from the Jolie because of the multi-functionality of it. The look completely changes if you have the chain hanging or draped while you carry it top handle (my fav); if you remove the chain and just hold it by the handle; or remove the handle and just carry it by the chain. You can also wear the flap with it showing in front or hidden, tucked in. The size of the Jolie is bigger than a small Caro and smaller than the medium (just about 2” shorter in length). So this is a great in-between-size that looks perfect crossbody and can also be more formal for evening wear, but still hold quite a bit. There’s also a ton of organization! You get a large center compartment, a spacious flap pocket (large enough to hold your iPhone), a large internal back pocket that could hold keys and lipsticks and 2 interior flat pockets in the main compartment also can hold card holders etc. Considering the size, it does hold a lot but still doesn’t look bulky. The downsides for me were: You do have to be more intentional about what you carry and how you arrange it to fit in the Jolie; there’s no external back pocket; and I think the top handle would look better if it held its arch (however, it is more comfortable and less intrusive when it lays flat and because it can flip forward or backward, it looks more discreet if you leave it attached while wearing it by the chain. Plus, of course, the handle is entirely removable).

I do tend to fully pack my bags and like to keep a lot of things with me, so I was attracted to the way the Caro bag could hold so much and had the convenient back pocket. I was torn because hated to give up these perks, but I knew that if I walked away from the Jolie I’d still be thinking about her and regret it - whereas I feel the Caro will always be an option there for me. Ultimately, after nearly 2 hours of deliberation in the boutique (my poor SA 😂), this purse hit the marks for me and I like that it’s a less saturated style. I’m quite surprised by the unfavorable reactions in this thread, but considering that I’m still daydreaming about my new purse I think my decision remains undeterred.

View attachment 5964828

View attachment 5964808View attachment 5964809View attachment 5964811View attachment 5964812View attachment 5964832View attachment 5964833View attachment 5964834
Congratulations! All that matters is that you love it. The top handle and chain are cute.

• Love

View attachment 5964828

View attachment 5964808View attachment 5964809View attachment 5964811View attachment 5964812View attachment 5964832View attachment 5964833View attachment 5964834
Congratulations on your new Jolie bag! It is adorable!

• Love

View attachment 5964828

Congratulations! It’s beautiful!

• Love
It is completely removable as is the chain. Lavender is my favorite color 💜😍! I ordered the lilac Lady Dior with silver hardware 😃
Omg girl your Dior collection is tdf :love: The Jolie AND lilac LD?? I swoon, I can’t wait for your reveal and pics! It’s the most beautiful purple taro color. And the Jolie looks perfect on you and so versatile!

• Love
Omg girl your Dior collection is tdf :love: The Jolie AND lilac LD?? I swoon, I can’t wait for your reveal and pics! It’s the most beautiful purple taro color. And the Jolie looks perfect on you and so versatile!
Awww 🥰 WOW thank you so much❣️❣️❣️ I’m really excited - this is new territory for me and a new tier in my collection … and it really makes it so much more fun and special to have others to share in the joy and celebrating with - so I appreciate it very much!! The Lady Dior I actually ordered pre-loved from a Canadian reseller site so I don’t know if it’s the exact same shade, but it is a medium in lilac with silver hardware and in looks to be in pristine condition. I had been thinking for years about a Lady Dior in lavender so when I saw an incredible deal, I had to spring for it even though I’m doubling down 🤦🏽‍♀️ With the exchange rate and promo code for free shipping, it was only $2500 (they didn’t even charge me tax but we will see if I have to pay import duties)!! I can’t wait to share it too but here’s how it looks on the site…

Attachments

• IMG_8286.jpeg
    IMG_8286.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 16