New colors for classic Céline bags on the website

Celine introduced this design relatively recently and oddly enough, a bit before the designer change was announced. I can't remember the date exactly but it had to have been around the time Celine did their first holiday limited edition pieces (the black and gold pieces, some with the alphabet design on SLGs) two or three seasons ago.

It is super confusing to have old and new logos and designs side by side in one shop. The two aesthetics just don't mix. They may want to gradually phase out the Phoebe era items, but they've already upset so many fans, why not just start with a clean slate. Now they just appear greedy wanting to milk as much $ out of the old designs.

Reactions: Knicole
So it’s happening then. In some Classic bag cases they changed the bag reference number on the website. These should be the new Classic bags with new logo, then. Wow i did not expect it to still have an impact. How sad

Reactions: Sophia
189793BED.36AG_1_SPR19_84027.jpg

I saw a black belt bag with silver hardware in person, and it doesn't have a WOW factor like the gold hardware version.
I wouldn't mind silver hardware on some of the of the pieces (in specific colors) though, but really have to see it in person first.

I was talking more about this bag - not silver hardware, I'm a fan of gold hardware but really, the color of hardware rarely bothers me.

This luggage though....It's really too over-the-top, I get a little bit of silver say done in the Box style but a fully metallic silver luggage is a bit much.

Reactions: jjoyae
189793BED.36AG_1_SPR19_84027.jpg

I was talking more about this bag - not silver hardware, I'm a fan of gold hardware but really, the color of hardware rarely bothers me.

This luggage though....It's really too over-the-top, I get a little bit of silver say done in the Box style but a fully metallic silver luggage is a bit much.

Well - a metallic silver laminated finish is definitely a Hedi vibe.

Attachments

• 485020-D9UOE-8106-ARGENTO_1_BagFront.jpeg
    485020-D9UOE-8106-ARGENTO_1_BagFront.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,052
  • 27903284.jpeg
    27903284.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 1,034
Nothing makes we wanna shop... exept that i want something in amazon.. but as im told its sold out. so no new Céline bags for me for now... i should aim for that Fendi Peekaboo that i been looking at for years instead.

You should do it. I have a mini peekaboo in nappa leather and I love it as much as my Phoebe Céline’s ...

As a lover of green, I like Amazone but I prefer Dark Green from FW18. It's a richer shade while Amazone is rather muted.
View attachment 4251749

I have a trio in Amazone and, to me, it's actually closer to the dark green pictured. It probably has to do with the lighting in the photos, but my Trio does not have the grey undertones the Amazone in your photo does.

It is super confusing to have old and new logos and designs side by side in one shop. The two aesthetics just don't mix. They may want to gradually phase out the Phoebe era items, but they've already upset so many fans, why not just start with a clean slate. Now they just appear greedy wanting to milk as much $ out of the old designs.

It's probably not as sinister as you make it to be. The production orders for Phoebe bags have probably been in place before Hedi officially came in and they likely can't just cancel that order without a significant loss. We are still technically in Fall 2018, season-wise, and the Fall 2018 collection was still pre-Hedi so it makes sense that Phoebe-era bags are still available.

Reactions: Sophia
I have a trio in Amazone and, to me, it's actually closer to the dark green pictured. It probably has to do with the lighting in the photos, but my Trio does not have the grey undertones the Amazone in your photo does.

It's probably not as sinister as you make it to be. The production orders for Phoebe bags have probably been in place before Hedi officially came in and they likely can't just cancel that order without a significant loss. We are still technically in Fall 2018, season-wise, and the Fall 2018 collection was still pre-Hedi so it makes sense that Phoebe-era bags are still available.

Well said! You're exactly right. Phoebe-era Céline will be available up until February 2019.

Just visited celine.com. Just saw that the current collection and new collection has merged into one product page. And some new colors has appeared for the Phoebe style.
What do you guys think?
I dont like the products in silver at all... Luggage in amazone looks nice. I wish i could get a hold of a amazone cabas phantom (i know, not new) but according to customer service those are sold out all over Europe.

WHY QUILTED?!?!? please leave that to Chanel.

At the very least i'm glad he didn't do away with the luggage and belt.

Yesterday I have been visiting my local Céline store and I was able to personally feel and see the new boxes with new logo. They had the Amazone with new logo. And I have to say the bag still looks good despite the logo drama. But still, it feels so wrong opening the flap to see the new Celine.
More than the logo change I felt the structure and overall feel of the bag to be different to what I have been used to feel when I looked at old céline boxes. I find the new ones to feel somehow padded and airy whereas the old structure felt more leather-ish, maybe also not so “bumpy” but more rigid and more like leather and nothing else than leather in between the walls. Maybe it’s just me. In medium I only have goatskin boxes, maybe these have always felt different, I don’t know. I wonder if Céline now changed the manufacturing process and now produces more profit oriented. I am curious if there is somebody else who shares this suspicion?

Reactions: Thenewestgirl
I tried the bag Triomphe on Sat, a black one. surprisingly I like it, a great combination of Celine’s heritage and Hedi style. It makes me think perhaps be more open minded. I was told Hedi’s work is only available in 10 boutiques globally and all the RTW are still from Philo’s era. Perhaps that’s why no new boutique design yet (although not sure new boutique design is being considered)

https://www.celine.com/fr-it/celine...=celSalesCountry&sz=20&start=21&prefv1=ALL|IT

Perhaps that’s why no new boutique design yet (although not sure new boutique design is being considered)

There is definitely new boutique designs coming. The Omotesando store in Tokyo has been closed for a while now - they are in a temporary shop location until the reopening after the complete overhaul. I believe my SA said February.

As of the 9th, all the old celine designs are no longer on display at their temp store. Completely gone. I was there the weekend before and it was still the old logos and old designs, so it was a shock to see all of them taken off the floor. I think you can still ask if you want to see what they have left, but every design on the floor are Hedi. Bags, sunglasses, SLG - I didn't go to look at the RTW upstairs. The normal rack where they hang the trios was just empty. :sad: