New COACH Collaboration??

I'm guessing you were referring to me with the age comment. I have spent my entire life since age 8 in the music and entertainment industry. My sister is a professional artist yet I still had never heard of him or recognized his work. After asking a lot of my friends/colleagues if they knew of him, I have found out that only one of them knew who he was (besides my sister who read of him in college). What is awesome though is that he is a great fan and collector of Haring's work. He, along with his late partner even met and worked with him to help raise money and awareness for HIV/AIDS years ago. My mentor/friend (I wish to keep him anonymous) is now retired but has lived an amazing and eventful life for decades writing about/touring with some of the most amazing musicians in the past 50 years. His home here in the states is like an amazing museum of his adventurous life. I'm hoping the next time I make it out to visit I will take some pics of the few pieces he has collected. Funny thing, he was actually shocked I even asked him about Haring because he couldn't believe that I had heard of him.

He has asked me to order him some items from the Haring collaboration. Does anyone know if any of the proceeds will be going to a good cause?

Your friend sounds like he's had an adventurous life so far! I'm not going to address anything regarding who has or has not heard of KH. I find that topic so tiresome -- I hope your post is the last of it!

Re: Ordering for your friend --- did you find Hobbsy's original post where she sent the KH pics of available items, with their Style numbers. If not, LMK and I'll go find it later. And you already know that only SA's can order for now.

I have no idea about plans for the proceeds. Maybe your friend, or even you, can contact the Keith Haring Foundation for more info. If I had to guess, I'd say Coach is not making any charitable contribution that they wouldn't boast about (just keeping it real), but possibly the KH Foundation (sounds more feasible) WILL donate a portion. Just guessing.

Good luck!

Your friend sounds like he's had an adventurous life so far! I'm not going to address anything regarding who has or has not heard of KH. I find that topic so tiresome -- I hope your post is the last of it!

Re: Ordering for your friend --- did you find Hobbsy's original post where she sent the KH pics of available items, with their Style numbers. If not, LMK and I'll go find it later. And you already know that only SA's can order for now.

I have no idea about plans for the proceeds. Maybe your friend, or even you, can contact the Keith Haring Foundation for more info. If I had to guess, I'd say Coach is not making any charitable contribution that they wouldn't boast about (just keeping it real), but possibly the KH Foundation (sounds more feasible) WILL donate a portion. Just guessing.

Good luck!

He definitely lives by the beat of his own drum! One of his penthouses was featured on an HGTV special several years ago because of how bizarre and eclectic he has decorated it. My first day of work with him I thought he was just some crazy old man. But he's got a wonderful soul to him and very tender hearted.

I found the thread with the info. I'm hoping to get to my local boutique this week so I can have my SA help me. I hope he loves the pieces.

He definitely lives by the beat of his own drum! One of his penthouses was featured on an HGTV special several years ago because of how bizarre and eclectic he has decorated it. My first day of work with him I thought he was just some crazy old man. But he's got a wonderful soul to him and very tender hearted.

I found the thread with the info. I'm hoping to get to my local boutique this week so I can have my SA help me. I hope he loves the pieces.

Just curious, since you mentioned that you're keeping your friend's name anonymous, is he well-known? No pressure to answer, of course. I'm just nosy, lol.

Just curious, since you mentioned that you're keeping your friend's name anonymous, is he well-known? No pressure to answer, of course. I'm just nosy, lol.
Not nosy at all. He's famous within the industry but he can easily be out in public and the average person would have no clue who he was. He has had the best of both worlds in my opinion, his closest friends are mega famous (Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin as example) but he gets to live a peaceful quiet life in retirement because he was always behind the scenes in his career.

Reactions: K.E.W.
Just for the record: It wasn't my intent to insult anyone. When Keith Haring was referred to as "some guy" I thought the person was being sarcastic. And regardless of everyone's age, I have to admit that I was surprised that many people didn't know who he was. I mean I wasn't born when artists like Magritte, Dali, and Escher were alive, but I still know who they are and how influential they were. Using your age is no excuse.

Dismissing the opportunity to learn about things and people, even if they don't interest you, is a missed opportunity. It encourages closed mindedness and cuts off curiosity.

Isn't the reason why we come to tPF to learn and explore? I found tPF when I was searching for into about a specific bag. I read a lot on all the different types of brands, even if I don't own them, just to learn.

Anyway, if any of you didn't know who Keith Haring was, you probably do now. [emoji38]

Enjoy what is out there! There is so much! Even if it doesn't interest you.
I agree, let's give this topic a rest. If someone isn't interested, they aren't. So be it.

Not nosy at all. He's famous within the industry but he can easily be out in public and the average person would have no clue who he was. He has had the best of both worlds in my opinion, his closest friends are mega famous (Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin as example) but he gets to live a peaceful quiet life in retirement because he was always behind the scenes in his career.
Oh, I love him already. He worked with Jimmy Page. [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

Oh, I love him already. He worked with Jimmy Page. [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]
Yup! For my 23rd birthday he gave me quite the surprise. He hid the fact that Jimmy Page was coming in for an interview at work. I came back from lunch to find him sitting in my office! I thought I was going to pass out because he's one of my greatest musical inspirations.

Reactions: Hobbsy and K.E.W.
Yup! For my 23rd birthday he gave me quite the surprise. He hid the fact that Jimmy Page was coming in for an interview at work. I came back from lunch to find him sitting in my office! I thought I was going to pass out because he's one of my greatest musical inspirations.

Haha, what a great birthday present!! Did JP wish you a happy birthday??

Reactions: AstridRhapsody
+infinity for led zep. I bought their CD box set when I was like 14 and they remain one of my favorite bands to this day. Legends; individually and as a group :heart:

Well, since I'm old as dirt, I got ALL the vinyl LP's, saw them in concert and then eventually also got the CD boxed set...but stupid me didn't save it as a sealed future collectible -- I had to open it and listen to them immediately! I assume the sealed special edition is valuable -- I should check EBay and see what a fool I was!

Omg! You met Jimmy Page?! Only from one of the best bands in history Jimmy Page???!