New Chanel Sunglass Case

pattihansen

Island Girl
O.G.
Apr 25, 2007
I ordered a new pair of sunglasses last week. I wanted a pair of totally black glasses. They're very nice and i really like them but.....the case is soft fabric. I think that's rather odd. It's well made but soft and I don't think it will protect the glasses. Am I being too whiney about this?? I want a hard leather lovely Chanel eyeglass case. Have any of you received this type of case? What do you think?

IMG_1525.jpeg

IMG_1526.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

I bought some new sunglasses a couple months ago and received the same case. Can’t speak for the older cases since this is my first pair of Chanel sunglasses, but I think the soft case takes up less space - even though it’s still too big for most my Chanel bags :doh: I will probably carry my sunglasses in a soft pouch so they can fit in my smaller bags and only use the case when I have a larger bag.

I have received both the cloth version and the leather version of this case design.

I dislike the cloth version very much. :blah: Dust shows up on it easily. Hand cream or cuticle oil can stain it. It's a little too soft and the top flap can shift and warp to the side/angle.

Like many Chanel sunglass cases, in general, it's still kind of big and bulky.
I recommend Valextra cases, they are much more space-friendly. https://www.valextra.com/en-us/small-leather-goods/small-leather-goods-styles/glasses-cases/

I ordered a new pair of sunglasses last week. I wanted a pair of totally black glasses. They're very nice and i really like them but.....the case is soft fabric. I think that's rather odd. It's well made but soft and I don't think it will protect the glasses. Am I being too whiney about this?? I want a hard leather lovely Chanel eyeglass case. Have any of you received this type of case? What do you think?

View attachment 5746280

View attachment 5746281

View attachment 5746282
I love these! What was item number if you don’t mind?

Reactions: pattihansen
I bought two pairs of sunglasses at Nordstrom.
One pair I got the new soft case, but the “leather” version, then the second pair I got the saleswoman was looking for a case, and she had two of the “old” style of sunglass case. It’s the hard shell case, snaps closed. But also come with a soft drawstring bag as well. She told that was the old style of case, that they don’t make anymore. It’s def feels more lux ♥️

This same thing just happened to me. Did you find a way to get the Better case? For the cost of these, I’d like the Vinyl case and hate what they sent. It feels cheap and chinsey. My $70-80 sunglasses have better cases then these $500 Chanel Sunglasses.

0B7EC5BC-8444-4700-A237-B62B10DD31F8.jpeg