New Chain-it Monogram

This was delivered today, the new Chain-it bag.

I really love the new design, it is smaller than I was expecting (for some reason), but it’s a good size for an evening bag. It holds everything I need. I like the Strap, wider in the middle, it was a little tricky for me to open it the first time, with the new leather you have to pull it harder than you would think to open it up. But after a video from my wonderful SA on how it opens, it was fine (It was Just me not wanting to damage the strap).

The only real disappointing part of the bag is the Rope handle was not produced for the production bags. I would have expected it to be based on the Series 6 ads.

Overall I’m still very happy with the bag

KimMN
Just so beautiful! Congrats, KimMN!

Congrats @KimMN on your beautiful bag! This is my favorite from the collection!!

Also, it was my understanding that you can buy the braided handle a separate piece. Anyone know if that's true?

Not to my knowledge. Although the Rectangle Twist GM, two Twist PMs and the Rope Petite Malle from the show are supposed to come with a braided handle, so I'm pretty sure you can order those as a repair/replacement piece.

Reactions: fabuleux
Congrats @KimMN on your beautiful bag! This is my favorite from the collection!!

Not to my knowledge. Although the Rectangle Twist GM, two Twist PMs and the Rope Petite Malle from the show are supposed to come with a braided handle, so I'm pretty sure you can order those as a repair/replacement piece.

I asked at a boutique and the reply was the braided handle was from the first "wave" (or batch for lack of a better term) of bags purchased through the show, with a few extra unpurchased out there. The mass production version doesn't have the braid. The SA said LV views braid/no braid (among other differences coming out with other bags) as a second half of the season (like Chanel has S/S Act 1 and Act 2).
I asked about the black Twist GM that was in the show with the braid which is seen on the website with a chain and that was the response I was given. Now, whether or not it's the correct response, I don't know, but in my opinion they did this to keep costs down, speed up production to get the bags out and maybe to lessen quality complaints by using a simple strap.
I agree, the revisions they make in their products should be advertised with those changes.

I asked at a boutique and the reply was the braided handle was from the first "wave" (or batch for lack of a better term) of bags purchased through the show, with a few extra unpurchased out there. The mass production version doesn't have the braid. The SA said LV views braid/no braid (among other differences coming out with other bags) as a second half of the season (like Chanel has S/S Act 1 and Act 2).

I asked about the black Twist GM that was in the show with the braid which is seen on the website with a chain and that was the response I was given. .

I'm sorry I got lost at the bold part. I don't get what the SA was saying :biggrin::biggrin:

There are supposed to be 2 versions of the Twist GM. The one with the braided handle initially has a separate SKU from the one with the chain in Black and Beige that were posted on the website. I haven't checked if they've updated the memo to cancel the model, but initially there were two different handle models. I love the one with the braided handle tho. So pretty!

Beautiful bag- very sophisticated! Enjoy!

beautiful LV - congrats!!

I love this bag!!! Is beautiful [emoji7][emoji7]

Gorgeous.

So gorgeous!

Wow, sexy bag!

Love it. Congrats.

Loved this on the runway - congrats

congrats... fingers crossed about the braided handle:heart:

such a statement piece...gorgeous! congrats!

Wow this looks amazing! Love all of the beautiful details. Super chic piece, enjoy!

Just so beautiful! Congrats, KimMN!

Congrats. Lovely bag.

Adorable! Congrats!!!

Beautiful ! Congrats!

Nice! [emoji106]

Thank you all, I took it out last night, it's a great bag to wear with jeans and a black leather jacket.
I'm confident that there will be a way to get a Rope handle, My SA is working several path (the replacement part is the most likely).
I will keep you posted.
KimMN

Reactions: thewave1969

I agree on ordering the replacement part, this is the path we are on now.
KimMN