New BVer with a question about dept store selection of BV seasons

Baccarat

Oct 31, 2009
I think I posted in the wrong thread...reposting. Thanks!
----------------
Ladies, new BVer with a question. Now that the 2009/10 cruise is online (amazing), what is the normal distribution of these pieces to the dept stores (Saks, Bergdorf, etc). I'm eyeing the python wallet but if this piece and others will be available in dept stores, and with Thanksgiving and Christmas sales coming up...are there bargains to be had for cruise items in the dept stores or are the BV boutiques/BV online the best place to buy these items?

In general, do the new seasonal items move to the dept stores quickly or do they just have classic items usually in stock? TIA! :biggrin:

Baccarat - Usually, and there are exceptions, the BV boutiques get the more unusual and exotic pieces, and department stores the more classic or neutral colored stuff. Like I said there are exceptions. The boutique buy is different from the wholesale buy. BV controls what is offered to the wholesale market so the two do not set themselves up to compete. However, different department stores buy different things based on their clientele. NM in this areas has a croc BV, but Nordies would never get a croc BV.

You will see cruise 2010 items in sale at the department stores in the summer and next fall. Some hold in to them that long. If BV has a sale on cruise it will not be until summer at the earliest.

Baccarat - Usually, and there are exceptions, the BV boutiques get the more unusual and exotic pieces, and department stores the more classic or neutral colored stuff. Like I said there are exceptions. The boutique buy is different from the wholesale buy. BV controls what is offered to the wholesale market so the two do not set themselves up to compete. However, different department stores buy different things based on their clientele. NM in this areas has a croc BV, but Nordies would never get a croc BV.

You will see cruise 2010 items in sale at the department stores in the summer and next fall. Some hold in to them that long. If BV has a sale on cruise it will not be until summer at the earliest.

Thanks so much for your help jburgh! This forum is an incredible resource and not to mention, tons of fun!
:biggrin:

The department stores that I've seen BV in usually have the traditional bags and a few accessories. Colors are fairly neutral, as jburgh said. The BV exotics are rarely seen in department stores. I haven't checked lately but NM had a BV croc bag online--that's quite rare to see that.

Also, as far as the small leather goods go, the department stores have a very limited selection at least in the stores I've been in. Maybe the California, NY and FL stores have more, but Chicago, DC, and Charlotte don't have a lot.

Overseas I wonder if it's the same? The boutiques get the rarer items along with the standards, and the department stores carry mostly icon bags with a few seasonal items.