New Bucket/Drawstring Bag.. Yeah or Nah?

Feb 22, 2010
i just came across the latest collection n was wondering if anyone bought the New bucket or drawstring bag? It was love at first sight for me and i couldnt forget it since! though my heart yearns for it, my brain is telling me otherwise! the bag cost over usd 5K! should i or should i not? any advice to share?

i'm someone who just love to buy bags (which i'm sure many of u understands..) but recently i hv come to a point of maybe i should stop, cos the increase in prices are getting ridiculous, so much so that i think i have much better use for the same amount of money.. i mean even if i can afford doesnt mean that i should just spend it on a bag rite? pls share your tots with me on this as im hving a dilemma of whether i shld buy this bag!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1465749169.484765.jpg

Last edited:
I came across the same bag! In Canada its $6,600! Also love at first sight, I would most definitely buy it, if I had that kind of money burning a hole in my pocket. $2500 is my limit on bags. But it is gorgeous! If money is no issue GET IT, and enjoy it.

Reactions: ubo22
I really love the new bucket bags too! I think it's a matter if you want to spend 5k on a bag or save your $ for something else. What would mean more to you? I do think it's a beautiful bag!

Chanel seems to be following a trend this time round. Usually they are the ones to start a new trend- think Boy bags and the revived backpack. I will not splurge $5k on a bag which I think may not be timeless. But if you really like it and see yourself carrying it forever- well, at least for the next 5 years, hehee- go ahead and indulge yourself :smile:

This is a really pretty bag; I love it as well. To me, this bucket bag could be timeless, I don't see anything about it that 'dates' it. The construction feels very nice too. I'm looking at another bucket bag-the drawstring bag, which is more east-west than north-south. It seemed easier to access inside. I agree with other posters here the price is really high, but if it's a bag you will use often, it could be a good buy. It's a nice crossbody or shoulder option.

It's made of calf I believe, I wonder how this leather would hold up-would it show scratches?