New bag - Opinions

Goodness. I normally love YSL's quilting, but this feels flat and cheap. The tone on tone doesn't look like it's on purpose, and whole thing is hugely underwhelming. I would assume it was a fake made of pleather.

Mind you, I am NOT criticizing your taste. The way you describe the functionality does make it sound practical, and I imagine the picture probably doesn't do it justice. I could only find one similar bag on their website, and it was described as "vintage leather." Maybe if the whole thing weren't so monotone, it might have some bit of pop to it.

Goodness. I normally love YSL's quilting, but this feels flat and cheap. The tone on tone doesn't look like it's on purpose, and whole thing is hugely underwhelming. I would assume it was a fake made of pleather.

Mind you, I am NOT criticizing your taste. The way you describe the functionality does make it sound practical, and I imagine the picture probably doesn't do it justice. I could only find one similar bag on their website, and it was described as "vintage leather." Maybe if the whole thing weren't so monotone, it might have some bit of pop to it.

My husband says the same thing - if he saw it on the street, he’d think it’s fake. :biggrin:

It’s called Niki. It’s actually listed on their website (at least on the UK one), the black version.

Reactions: Sparklemum88
OMG I am obsessed with this bag. I love the aged leather look and it's coated so it's still shiny and protected. I keep stalking it online since my nearest ysl is a 90 min drive away and I want to try it on before ordering. Some reasons I love it: the slouch (i'm a fan of the less structured look like the CC reissue and the Balenciaga city) and the texture of the leather. It looks really well made. I've thought about the SDJ for work but have never otherwise been interested in YSL because of how structured the shoulder bags were. Until now. [emoji177][emoji177]

Reactions: sellmysoul
I think that apart from the quality looking a bit off, it’s quite saggy for a style that resembles many of their structured bags.

I think this size of bag, especially on petite ladies, always looks better as a handheld. I always carry anything above 28cm wide by hand or on the arm and anything below on the shoulder, unless it’s an actual tote bag.

View attachment 3956820 Hi all
I tried this new bag yesterday, didn’t remember the name. :sad:
It’s comfortable, light, spacious (can be expand a lot) or lay flat to body. My husband says it looks horrible :/

What do you guys think?
I agree with your husband, there is something about this particular shade of grey that makes the bag look cheap and fake. If it was a darker shade of grey it would have looked better. However I really do like the design of this YSL Niki bag. I like the aged, distressed leather and that it is softer and less structured making it really cool and useable everyday. I like the bag in black or perhaps another dark color like Navy. :smile:

Attachments

• 17A4AB1C-A6E7-4CCE-9416-F862D1BC4EF3.jpeg
    17A4AB1C-A6E7-4CCE-9416-F862D1BC4EF3.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,936
Reactions: doni
If you want a distressed bag, look towards Chanel— they do distressed leather much better. The reissue (for example) looks like it’s been purposely distressed. This YSL bag on the other hand just looks used. If you’d posted the picture from your home with no backstory, I would think it’s a bag you’ve owned for years that’s been really beaten up. The black one looks slightly better than the grey one however.

Reactions: 2cello