New bag guilt

For some reason I ALWAYS get a sick guilty feeling when I buy one. I save and save and only do it when I have the extra money but I still get a hot sick feeling in my gut for a month or two after buying one new. I do not get that feeling if I buy a used on Ebay and I have bought 2-3 on Ebay. I have only bought 6-7 new in my lifetime and that feeling is always there. I keep it in the closet for a awhile and get it out and drool over it and put it away. Eventually the sick feeling goes away and I enjoy it. Do not know what this is all about except for I am basically a frugal wise person when it comes to $ (single and self supporting) and I guess I always feel the wolf could be at the door at any minute. I wish I knew what that feeling is and where it comes from...guilt maybe?
omg...same here. i have only purchased new and almost every time i bought - i felt guilty even though i have money in the bank, maxed out contributions to the 401k and some to spare i still feel guilty. i have fun while in the store so i buy the bag but then as soon as i leave the store and get home i put it in the closet, occasionally taking it out to look at it and then eventually the guilt goes away and i pull it out and enjoy it. i don't know what that is.