Neverfull for a school bag?

shopkins725

Apr 22, 2014
I have a monogram neverfull mm that I was thinking about using for law school. I am just scared to use it for this purpose though because I need to carry a laptop and a few books. The straps are just so thin, and I am wondering if they can hold up to the weight. Does anyone use it for this purpose? Do you think it would be a bad idea?

yes! even though the straps are thin, I used to carry it all the time in high school and uni for my books. I will usually carry my macbook, some notebooks and a textbook. It's a strain on your shoulder (hence why now I'm carrying a good old fashioned backpack) but it's very sturdy and durable! :smile:

I used a neverfull GM for part of law school, but then switched to a Longchamp. Law school books are just too huge and heavy. I think an MM would be too small.

I wouldn't. Law school books are seriously heavy. Would probably work carrying a few things between classes if you have a locker, but I don't think it would be great for lugging lots of books to and from your house to school. Unless things have changed in the past decade and case books are digital nowadays - then disregard ;)

NO. I regretted trying. I only carried an ipad, wallet, pens and a 200 page notebook in mine and the straps wore down quickly. Maybe find a preLVoved Babylone tote or the larger Cabas piano (I think)...something with thicker straps.

I am a big fan of the NF, but I have to agree with the majority here. Even of the straps hold up, you need to consider your comfort and well being. It would be very uncomfortable to tote around massive law school books dangling from those thin straps which would be digging into your shoulder. GL!

When i had my nf before i was careful with the weight because if i put too much the strap hurt my shoulders. I was supposed tobring my ipad then but the extra weight pulled on my shoulders. I think a laptop is a lot heavier than an ipad. Mine was an mm size im not sure if the gm would be better for you