Neverfull care advice please

meghanwhlr

Jan 10, 2018
I come on here about 1-2 times a year as I tend to buy a bag 1-2 times a year. I ordered a Neverfull MM in Damier Azure with Rose Ballerine lining yesterday. It was in and out of stock for an hour and in and out of my cart too! I finally grabbed it. At least I hope - order is still in preparation!!

My question is do I need to be careful with where I set it down? I made myself promise to not over baby it and not be afraid of the white- just not wear it with really dark jeans. But I wonder if anyone knows if setting it on my Jeep’s seats that are black leather and cloth will damage the bag’s base? Same question for my office’s blue carpet (if I go back to the office that is!).

Congratulations on your purchase. You don't have to worry about sitting it down on carpet, or your car seat. It's the friction of rubbing against your clothing as you walk that makes the colour transfer happen. Just don't wear with dark colour jeans unless well worn.

Agreed! I had a DA NF for many years and always had it on the floorboard of my car (black carpet) or the black leather seats of the car and never had color transfer. Enjoy your new bag!

Reactions: janetaz
Congratulations on your purchase. You don't have to worry about sitting it down on carpet, or your car seat. It's the friction of rubbing against your clothing as you walk that makes the colour transfer happen. Just don't wear with dark colour jeans unless well worn.
The rubbing makes total sense! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: fyn72
You've got me thinking I need to add an Azur Neverfull to my collection! The Neverfull is one of my faves, I own 5 in different sizes and canvas prints.
I’ve been lusting after it once we had the first warmer day here after quarantine for so long. Even if its just to the grocery store I need a summer bag to lift my spirits!

Reactions: MooMooVT
I've had my current DA NF MM for 6 years and it's a great summer bag to wear with dresses and non-denim pants. I definitely wear it with denim too, but I am selective about which pair. I tend to be more careful about not wearing it when there is high humidity or prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, but that's just my approach. The bag will be fine no matter what. As @Tayyyraee said, baby wipes are fantastic for getting the crud and gunk off of DA. My DA pouch was so filthy from heavy use, but a CVS brand baby wipe and a Tide pen (big, dark stain on the zipper) made a huge difference.

Fun anecdote: This is actually my second DA NF because my first (pre-update from 2011) was stolen from my chair at a restaurant where I was seated outside in 2014. Neither my dining partner nor I noticed when it happened.

Attachments

• IMG_3882.JPG
    IMG_3882.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 112
I've had my current DA NF MM for 6 years and it's a great summer bag to wear with dresses and non-denim pants. I definitely wear it with denim too, but I am selective about which pair. I tend to be more careful about not wearing it when there is high humidity or prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, but that's just my approach. The bag will be fine no matter what. As @Tayyyraee said, baby wipes are fantastic for getting the crud and gunk off of DA. My DA pouch was so filthy from heavy use, but a CVS brand baby wipe and a Tide pen (big, dark stain on the zipper) made a huge difference.

Fun anecdote: This is actually my second DA NF because my first (pre-update from 2011) was stolen from my chair at a restaurant where I was seated outside in 2014. Neither my dining partner nor I noticed when it happened.
Good advice on the wipes! Sorry to heat about your Nf being swiped!:sad: terrible