Neverfull as a gym bag

Subbz

O.G.
May 21, 2011
So I'm planning to start going to the gym next month (always the procrastinator), and was wondering, to those of you who are regulars at the gym, would a neverfull MM be enough?
I plan on getting one for the gym and travel, but as a fitness newbie I really have no idea how much stuff you need to pack for a daily workout

Would an MM be enough? or is GM my only solution?

I think it depends on what you will need to put in it....I personally use longchamp because it is pretty durable, zips and can handle spills (like from water bottles).

If you are just doing clothes mm should work...but if you are doing the whole shebang (taking a shower there, need toiletries) Gm would be better.

However my longchamp which is like an MM fits everything if I pack it correctly.

Reactions: SchaalBWife
Hey! I use my neverfull mm for a gym bag but my gym provides a lot of essentials(towels, shampoo, etc.) that I don't have to bring. So I normally bring clothes(they provide a bag for wet clothes), shoes, my make up and other preferred toiletries as well as arm band for my iPhone. Everything fits in my mm but snug. So if you need more get the gm. Happy working out :smile:

I use my GM and I pack in there following things: trainers, work out clothes, make up bag, shampoo & conditioner, big and small towel (big for shower and small for the class, water bottle/s, flip flops for showering and then my usual items like wallet, iPhone and calendar. So I carry a lot. However, smaller bag was enough when I lived next door to gym and showered at home afterwards.

I suggest the GM because you may need the extra space at some point and it gets annoying if you need to pack your things in a certain way in order to fit everything inside. You can also cinch the Neverfull to make it appear smaller.

the MM is probably enough, but do you really want to take it to the gym? it'll end up having sweaty clothing and towels and shoes and socks in there, and water/juice that could spill. lots of opportunity to have it stolen, too. maybe if it was second-hand or you'd had it for a while i could see using it that way, but i wouldn't take a new one there. i guess it might depend on your workout though - someone sitting doing yoga in a class or standing on a treadmill will be able to watch their bag and keep it cleaner than someone doing training circuits and wandering around.

I would think a Keepall 45 would be a better size for a gym bag. I personally like backpacks best. But, don't fall into the trap of buying a ton of things for the gym before you actually make going to the gym a habit. Buying stuff for the gym can be way more fun than actually going to the gym. It can get really expensive to get a new bag, new sneakers, new workout clothes, new headphones etc. I would make a goal of 3-5x a week and if you hit your goal after a month, buy the new gym bag. Theres two pros: 1) You will actually know what size bag you need to go to the gym with--that will help avoid buyers remorse and 2) it will be good motivation to make sure that going to the gym becomes a habit.

I use my Neverfull MM as my tennis bag (minus racquet) as it holds a ton and is perfect for outdoors! I chose the DE with dark trim (better in rainy weather) and red lining for better inside wear and tear. Its perfect for holding a change of clothes, my thermos and spare tennis balls as well as all my usual things.

My highest recommendation for a gym bag is Lululemon. They are designed for that purpose and have pouches and/or special sections for water bottles, wet/dirty clothing, phones/tablets and shoes. You could use a NF but why? There are much better options for the gym. :smile:

Reactions: MooMooVT
For me an MM would be enough space as all I bring are my workout clothes, a pair of shoes, and a small toiletry bag. I wait to shower at home since gym showers are gross. If you need to bring other things like a towel, or have bulkier clothes, a GM would probably be better.

But personally I don't think a Neverfull would be that great for a gym bag. The gym in general is pretty gross so I don't want to worry about where I can put down my bag. I just like being able to toss my bag down at whatever station I'm at (which also won't work with an open top bag like the NF). There are very few places where you can put your bag anywhere but the floor and I wouldn't want to leave it in a locker. I just use an Adidas drawstring backpack, which has just enough space for my needs. It also has water bottle holders where I put my phone and headphones and a small lined "media" pocket where I can stuff keys or wallet.

I would recommend you go to the gym for a few weeks first to see exactly what items you like bringing with you and then bag shop. The NF offers zero organization so you may end up wanting something different anyways.