Neverful Repair

Mzaf

Feb 3, 2016
My mom has a Neverful that is several years old. The inside pocket has gotten quite peeled. Do you think it is worth bringing to LV. She doesn't think they'll do anything but I think it's worth a try. Especially that she loves it so much she considering buying a new one! Thoughts??

My mom has a Neverful that is several years old. The inside pocket has gotten quite peeled. Do you think it is worth bringing to LV. She doesn't think they'll do anything but I think it's worth a try. Especially that she loves it so much she considering buying a new one! Thoughts??
Well yes and no. LV can most definitely do something about it in terms of repair, but that would mean re-lining the entire tote; I wouldn't be surprised if the bill would cost almost 3/4 the price of a new NF since the craftsman would have to disassemble, re-line, and then reassemble the entire bag. Yeah, I can just sense your joy as you're reading that:doh:
There's two other options: if the lining is peeling, but not sticky, then turn the pocket inside out and trim off the laminate that has lifted - it won't be an issue because the cotton lining is right underneath. If it is sticky then tap into your inner creativity and sew a little pocket liner together (two pieces of material sewn together to form a cup shape) and insert it so that it snugly covers the pocket's sides. Unless her NF is in rough shape overall there would really be no need to go out and buy a new one.