Never mind Quiet Luxury...

Here's their front look with the Jewel Kelly!

Here’s a Birkin 15 for anyone wishing to emulate the look :smile:

• Love
Reactions: jenayb and themk888
This queen in pink

View attachment 5959387View attachment 5959388View attachment 5959389

Is she an influencer? I want her to influence me! lol
I saw this and thought that it was very creative. I love that they went to the fashion show with a concept playing with the Sunrise and Sunset idea of their Birkins and then accessorizing with daytime and evening wear. Even the color of their matching outfit stays true to the theme. The kicker is the mini bags on their chest for day and evening. This is definitely a sight to see.

I saw this and thought that it was very creative. I love that they went to the fashion show with a concept playing with the Sunrise and Sunset idea of their Birkins and then accessorizing with daytime and evening wear. Even the color of their matching outfit stays true to the theme. The kicker is the mini bags on their chest for day and evening. This is definitely a sight to see.
:tup::tup::tup:

gosh - I did not know that. Anyway I dont really see Hermes as particularly quiet luxury. look at one of their latest adverts from the FT

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 91
For the record, I did not write the title of this thread, because I did not make this thread.

I posted the girls originally on the Wildlife thread and it got merged here (thank you, dear moderator :heart:). My post is just the first one because it had an earlier timestamp than the first post on this thread.

While there are some aspects of Hermès that indeed belong to quiet luxury such as their unpopular, under-the-radar bags, I don't really consider the brand as quiet luxury.

Quiet luxury is boring. I love flamboyance.
Talk Show Reaction GIF by iOne Digital

I used to work with some really fringe Harajuku brands from Tokyo and am still good friends with the designers. Except for the dollar amount, this was pretty visually mild.

Edited to add: My experience with these brands during that time really helped me determine my style now and frankly I like both loud and quieter fashion but lean more towards the loud pieces because I find them more interesting. If I'm dressed in a more muted outfit, it's usually for safety reasons.

A to the freaking Men

When I reached 40, I thought, damn, when I was younger I thought couldn't care less. It turns out I still did somewhat because now I really feel I couldn't care less.

Like earlier I was telling my friend that I want a croc piece when I turn 50.

They said they also want to but they don't have the lifestyle for it.

I told them I don't either, but I don't care. I will take that croc Hermès bag with me to KFC and eat a freaking Zinger with fries and not give a flying fig if a croc Hermès bag is out of place in KFC. :cool:

When I started with Hermes, over a decade ago, I looked like I was dressed for THIS show every day :biggrin:
I don't wear 1567288 bag charms on my Birkin at once... a CDC (the original CDC... CHUNKY... not the new dainty one) stacked with TWO Clic Clacs and an H belt ALL AT ONCE. I used to love head to toe color. Through the years I have kinda done a 180. But I never gave an EFF what people liked back then... I was having fun & I loved it! Still do.

I'm still having fun but toned waaaay down in my older age :P

I loved this show!

LOLLLL i love you both!:hugs:

Very Emperor's New Clothes to me... people would be making fun of them if it was some cheap unknown brand.
Not to stir the pot, but in my experience it doesn't take any reason at all for one group of people to make fun of another group's way of dressing. Hence I prefer to dress for myself, first and foremost (all the while still taking Time, Place, and Occasion into consideration so I'm at least relatively appropriate for the setting), let any one else think what they want!