Food Nescafe Dolce Gusto by T-Fal - reviews? or any other espresso machines?

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Has anyone used this before?

It looks pretty cool... I've been looking around for an espresso machine for awhile and almost thought I'd have to bite the bullet on a machine that cost up to $500.00. Those ones are way too fancy with all the grinding stuff that I have NO idea how to use.

A number of months ago I was at a wedding show and saw one of these... it started the thought process, but I never really thought about getting one until now. I drink at least one coffee each day and sometimes I need a little more than just a black coffee. I actually only started to drink black coffee because it starts to get a little pricey drinking lattes 5 days a week at about 4$ a cup. So I'm thinking if I get one of these... then I wouldn't have to sacrifice a yummy latte or americano anymore. There is one priced in one of the department stores for about $150.00... I could totally get one for myself and my mom for Christmas. It could easily buy itself in a month if I continued to have a latte a day.

http://www.dolce-gusto.us/Public/Default.aspx

lemme know what you guys think!! OR if you have a recommendation on another machine that is similar!

I was in Macy's one day and a lady had a demo and made an iced mocha (I think) for me with it. It seemed very user friendly and I loved the drink. I wanted to walk out with it but DH said no because we already have a Keurig, lol. I think it would be worth the money if you will really use it.

I think I will. It's nothing fancy and it'll warm me up for something a little more advanced in the next couple of years. I saw a Nespresso one as well and it retails for about $250.00 but it seems little more high end (material wise). I suppose I should do some more research. I don't mind spending a little more money if that means it won't crap out on me after a month.

Thanks AutumnJane

I have not seen this before, but it seems to be quite similar to Nespresso but nespresso seems to have more coffee/capsule options. Looks quite easy to use. Id look into Nespresso as well and see which one suits you better.

I just got a dolce gusto machine and several pods, more for the different lattes, as I already have a good espresso machine but I destroyed the steamer that cooks the milk. It would costs me more money to fix my steamer than the DG machine.
The latte, cappuccino, chococcino, espresso macchiato etc are all pretty yummy! I don't like the plain espresso pods as they are not real espresso. I still make espresso with my good machine (also krups). Overall I'm satisfied with the DG machine and pods, because I can make a latte in 20 sec, easy and most importantly without making a mess, or buying extra milk.

My machine is the NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Circolo Silver

d51a9cd9.jpg

Learning to make cappuccino! Success with the first try!

53befaa6.jpg

Then a latte machiato! Mmmm very tasty!

i have the nespresso and cant say anything but good things about it. i was telling my df the other day for watever reason coffee always tastes better to me out. i drink it at home bc it makes financial sense, but it just tastes so much better out of the house. the nespresso machine makes cappuccinos that i would PAY for...theyre that good. imo totally worth the price tag.