neo vs planetes large shopper

the planetes is discontinued but i am sure u know that. it is microfiber with smooth leather trim

Neo is nylon with embossed leather trim and plastic zipper

here is klatte's pic to show difference. there are other threads about it. maybe look around?

Attachments

• hh.jpg
    hh.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 7,321
Reactions: Bizaar
the planetes is discontinued but i am sure u know that. it is microfiber with smooth leather trim

Neo is nylon with embossed leather trim and plastic zipper

here is klatte's pic to show difference. there are other threads about it. maybe look around?

thank you so much for the photo. I ended up getting the Planetes because I like the formal look better and because it's discontinued. And it was 20% off so no brainer. Neo is more sporty and doesn't appeal to me as much.

me too. This photo just reaffirmed it. I just ordered it and it's my first LC; hope I like it and it's sturdy enough to last me through our PNW rainy winters.

I found the thread an hour after I posted it. I was browsing PF on my phone so somehow I missed it.

Congrats and glad you ordered the Planetes! I think it is smart to get it now while you can. You can always get a Neo later on, but not the Planetes once they are all gone. I just bought the large and medium black Planetes (long handle) recently. I have not yet received the medium sized one yet, and I anxiously await its delivery! I think the zipper on the Planetes looks more refined than the Neo zipper, which looks more plastic and conspicuous to me.

I also just bought the expandable Le Pliage tote in navy from Nordies for a ridiculously good price (cashier could not find the price in the system and gave it to me for much cheaper). I have been using it, and it is super light and comfy. If you ever come across the expandable Le Pliage, I highly recommend it!

Love the Longchamp bags. Easy to wear, maintain, and carry. And well priced! You do not have to spend thousands!

Enjoy your Planetes!

Congrats and glad you ordered the Planetes! I think it is smart to get it now while you can. You can always get a Neo later on, but not the Planetes once they are all gone. I just bought the large and medium black Planetes (long handle) recently. I have not yet received the medium sized one yet, and I anxiously await its delivery! I think the zipper on the Planetes looks more refined than the Neo zipper, which looks more plastic and conspicuous to me.

I also just bought the expandable Le Pliage tote in navy from Nordies for a ridiculously good price (cashier could not find the price in the system and gave it to me for much cheaper). I have been using it, and it is super light and comfy. If you ever come across the expandable Le Pliage, I highly recommend it!

Love the Longchamp bags. Easy to wear, maintain, and carry. And well priced! You do not have to spend thousands!

Enjoy your Planetes!

true that! frankly, the zipper on the Neo turned me off - it looks more like a casual Kipling. Mind you, Kiplings are good quality - it's just not the effect I am going for.

Where did you buy it? I'm looking for one myself. Thanks!

Hi, in case you haven't found your Planetes yet, I just posted in the Planetes Discontinued thread that bloomingdale's is having their Friends & Family Sale - 20% off with code HOLIDAY, and Longchamp ISN'T excluded for once! This is one of the few retailers that still have Planetes in stock, so I would grab one now if you've been holding out!

HTH!

Looks like I haven't logged in for awhile! anyhow - I ended up getting a LC Planetes and I wish I hadn't - it's my first (and last) nylon bag. After only a year of wear (and not even every day wear!), the bottom corners are showing some wear already! this bag will sadly go to trash most likely in a year or two. I know it's not overtly expensive but for 140USD I could have bought myself a high quality leather bag (I am not into designer bags anyway). Just my experience, I think I will stick with leather from now on.