Neiman Marcus to test boutique

awww i want one! i love the Barney's Co-op that they opened up in Atlanta a while ago, it's so much more convenient because, with the exception of shoes and handbags, it's basically the stuff i would look for at Saks or Neimans (since i'm 20) but without the huge department store crowd, snobby SAs, or clothes that i'm too young to wear. i bought a bulga bag there, which is by my estimation a fairly inexpensive bag, and the SA sent me the nicest thank-you card in the mail and remembered me and said hi the next time i went in, which was like two months later. if Cusp can provide that sort of service, then i'm all for it!

i doubt Atlanta is the location of that last test store, though, because we got both Co-op and Intermix in the past year, and that would be decent competition for them.

I think there are already a lot of reasonably priced items in their contemporary department. It's all pretty relative: A $100 Joie shirt is inexpensive compared to the $1000 Prada shirt one floor down. I wonder just how "inexpensive" Cusp's items will be.

I was there last night...the SAs weren't that attentive ;) . It's an interesting store, and I liked the handbag selection.

Awesome jeans selection too...

SuLi said:
I was there last night...the SAs weren't that attentive ;) . It's an interesting store, and I liked the handbag selection.

Awesome jeans selection too...

Hi SuLi! Was it all that different from their current contemporary department?

IntlSet said:
Hi SuLi! Was it all that different from their current contemporary department?

I think some of the things are different...I never see any See by Chloe at NM's locally, and they had a BEAUTIFUL dress there. They carried some Philip Lim, Rebecca Taylor, etc....really pretty (and still considerably pricey). I think there were some McQueen skull scarves that people have been drooling over.

They had an awesome selection of bags...all the hottest stuff - Chloe Edith, Marc Jacobs Stam, YSL Muse, the new Chloe Paddington Tote. They also had some other things around that I didn't get a closer look at.

I'm going back this weekend to pick something up.