Need to Vent

Shelly72401

Sep 25, 2007
I thought maybe here I could get a little understanding from my fellow coachies. Last night I hosted a family birthday dinner. My brother shows up with his live in girlfriend sporting a fake chocolate sig Carly. It is a replica of my real chocolate sig Carly. My brother proceeds to announce to all present how stupid I am for spending $500 for a coach bag when his girlfriend can get coach bags for $40. I proceed to tell him It's not real and he says yes it is it says coach on it. I was so peeved. It was so obvious it was fake. The plastic handles and bright white stitching. I'm stickikng with all leather from now on. Thanks for letting me vent.

I would be totally pi**ed!! Some people sound so ignorant they can't help but take you down with them!!!! Maybe for his next birthday you should buy him a plain white t-shirt and write "Armani or Gucci" on it and claim it's real because "it says so"!!! lol

lmao....paint Louis Vuitton on a plain white t. that's hilarious! im sorry your brother was a jerk to you. i def would have snapped. i can't tell someone not to carry a fake, cause it's not my bag or my money.....but for him to basically say you're dumb for carrying a real one and paying good money for it? that was rude. i get made fun of at work for my bags. but they're very country people....i always argue that they pay over $600 for a handgun and think it's perfectly normal. we all have our different priorities. i think paying that much for a gun is silly, but it's their money so who cares. people shouldn't care what you do with yours.

The thing that TOTALLY drives me nuts about people who use fake bags is they act all hoity toity for ONLY spending $100 on their bag. Well HELLLO, you can go to the outlet and spend $100 and get a real one! I'm sorry but if you dont want to spend fp then go to the outlet or buy a cute non name brand bag. You don't have to buy fakes.

Once I was at the outlet and a woman with a fake went up to one of the SAs and asked if they had the matching wallet. The SA didnt really know how to respond. It's like they think it looks sooo good and that no one can tell but come on?? The quality is so bad on most I can spot one a mile away!

Once I was at the outlet and a woman with a fake went up to one of the SAs and asked if they had the matching wallet. The SA didnt really know how to respond. It's like they think it looks sooo good and that no one can tell but come on?? The quality is so bad on most I can spot one a mile away!

:roflmfao:

Seriously though, when I brought my Sabrina (leather mind you) to work for the first time I got a:
"Oh did you get that in New York City?"
"No, I got it at the Coach boutique at Eastview."
"Well my daughter can get those in New York for like 40 bucks!"
"Oh..."

:roflmfao: OMG! My husband was picking on me yesterday before we went to the gym because we made a pitstop at kmart to get a towel to sit on while using the machines he is like your in kmart with that $600 coach. I was like so what.. when we went to pay for the towel there was a lady behind me with a fake carly I said outloud to my husband At least mine is real not fake like hers.. the lady started to blush.

The thing is a LOT of people will know it is fake and she will look tacky as a result!

That said, though, I would never purposely try to embarrass someone. You don't know that person or their situation. I would rather carry a non-designer bag than a fake, but I also wouldn't make comments to make someone feel bad.

Although I can't really pass judgment on people who carry fakes, (I'll leave my anger for those that create and sell them rather than people who are just trying to get a good deal) I would have been so angry in that situation. I've gotten criticized for not buying fake bags before too. My neighbor (who I barely know) handed me her fake in a grocery store and dared me to tell if it was a fake or not. I didn't even know what to say. She then invited me to one of her purse parties so I could get one of my own.

I mean if I was going to buy a fake for 40 bucks, why not just spend a little more and get the real thing at an outlet? I rarely like signature anyway so its not even really a choice for me but come on. Do people really think they're fooling anyone? I'd probably be called a heartless snob if I criticized someone for carrying a fake but if they criticize me for spending money on a bag, its okay?

i get made fun of at work for my bags. but they're very country people....i always argue that they pay over $600 for a handgun and think it's perfectly normal. we all have our different priorities. i think paying that much for a gun is silly, but it's their money so who cares. people shouldn't care what you do with yours.

ITA. For me, I quit smoking and that's how I justify spending money on bags (and I quit coffee to afford nicer clothes but different story!). As a former pack a day smoker, I save about $2000 a year that I can now spend on Coach :tup: People rarely think that a pack of cigarettes is a wildly expensive luxury yet I spent more on that than I do on bags which last me MUCH longer.