Need to decide between these two! Advice and opinions wanted!

Feb 8, 2007
1344084E-36EA-4A06-A51D-112E536795F2.jpeg

So, I can only keep one of these bags. They both have pros and cons. I’m looking for some opinions and thoughts. I know they are very different bags-I would be using it as an every day bag and I am hard on my bags. Thanks in advance!

Which size Chloe is that? I have the mini Chloe saddlebag and it has held up very well for me. I also have LV canvas bags that have held up very well. These are two VERY different styles. I would go with whichever purse suits your style better. I personally think both bags will wear well.

Reactions: Shelby33
Are they both about the same size ? I’m also considering this LV bag but have never tried it on. I have tried on the Chloe and have found it to be a bit bulky, but that also might be because I’m only 5’2. As far as durability I’ve had the Chloe Marcie satchel and the leather on these bags are really great and durable. LV canvas is also very durable. This is a tough decision.

I would keep the Chloe as long as it isn't too heavy. For me, LV is too ubiquitous. I like to carry a bag no one else around me is carrying. Leather beats canvas every time.

ETA: I think the Chloe color is more neutral. Even though the LV is shades of brown, it isn't a solid color so I think it will compete with your outfits more.

If you're hard on your bags, I suggest the Damier Ebene. It is the most carefree canvas/bag material I've ever come across. I've had my DE Neverfull for a decade now and it's still beautiful, strong....and I used it for school and travel so it has lugged around laptops, textbooks, notebooks, sweaters etc. It's also fairly water resistant and rainy weatherproof.

ETA: I'm also usually more worried about getting scratches on leather bags, not sure if Chloe leather is scratch resistant so...?

Reactions: cbarrus
if you're as hard on your bags as me and plan to use it daily i would say keep the LV.
i always thought that leather is more worthed than canvas but in the long run i see most of my canvas holds up really well compare to my leathers

Reactions: cbarrus
Since you are admittedly hard on your bags, I would keep the LV. The color that you have chosen for the Chloe will show dirt and stains over time, and leather is much harder to clean. I have both canvas and leather bags, but for travel and bad weather, I choose LV canvas every time. The DE print is very versatile for me, but I do dress in more neutral clothing. Let us know what you decide :smile: