Need some advice!

Belle79

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
I am the kind of girl that buys bags constantly - some I return right away and others I realize I don't like after a week or two and sell them. I do this with lower-end brands though such as Coach, Cole Haan, MBMJ, etc.

I love Marc Jacobs bags but technically I can't afford them. I am realizing though how much money I am losing with the constant buying/selling and I am never happy.

So my question is, should I take the plunge and just buy an MJ that I LOVE and vow not to buy any bags for 6 months or so? It might be cheaper for me in the long run :P

The bag I am obsessing over is the Paradise Little Janice in Dark Gray. It's the perfect size for me and I think the color will go with anything.

Should I go for it??

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=485856&CategoryID=17331

hey, long time no see! :P

IMO...i think it would make a good investment to just get the MJ. then you can have a higher quality bag that will last you and keep you happy and from purchasing cheaper bags in the future.
plus, i love anything Paradise and i think the Janice is super cute

Well since you admit to a bad habit of buying/returning/selling and you already have lost money doing so… I would seriously put money aside and start to save up for a bag. No more stalking ebay, no more impulse purchases… and save up. If in 6 months or so you are still crazy about the Janice (it is a seriously pretty bag), you can get it then!

Beautiful grey color, I think it's worth a shot. I buy/return/sell bags but the truth is I cannot pass them up on sale - But then I don't use them very much mainly because I have so many. It's a vicious cycle, if you can break it let me know. Like I said, worth a shot for a beautiful bag like you have selected.

OP, I think I did the same thing for like a year or two with Coach (their return policy is AH-MAZING) or selling Rebecca Minkoffs as soon as I got them, I realized that I was just making excuses instead of buying what I really wanted - MJ collection bags! With a little patience and self-control, you can end up with bags that you truly love and appreciate. What also helps me is that I have to save up to afford a new/pre-loved bag, so I usually just scope out the new collections and wait for it to go on sale/on ebay, so that when I finally snag it at a sale price, I feel like I got a great deal!

the sale starts tomorrow with an extra 20% off... i think it's a worthwhile investment because the style is still relatively new and i haven't seen any on ebay. the grey is gorgeous too.

sell all the ones you aren't using now to invest for this larger purchase. it will be worth it!