Need some advice!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am the kind of girl that buys bags constantly - some I return right away and others I realize I don't like after a week or two and sell them. I do this with lower-end brands though such as Coach, Cole Haan, MBMJ, etc.

I love Marc Jacobs bags but technically I can't afford them. I am realizing though how much money I am losing with the constant buying/selling and I am never happy.

So my question is, should I take the plunge and just buy an MJ that I LOVE and vow not to buy any bags for 6 months or so? It might be cheaper for me in the long run :P

The bag I am obsessing over is the Paradise Little Janice in Dark Gray. It's the perfect size for me and I think the color will go with anything.

Should I go for it??

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=485856&CategoryID=17331

2. hey, long time no see! :P

IMO...i think it would make a good investment to just get the MJ. then you can have a higher quality bag that will last you and keep you happy and from purchasing cheaper bags in the future.
    plus, i love anything Paradise and i think the Janice is super cute

3. Yes go for it! Tis better to have 1 bag you love than 5 that you like. KWIM?

4. ^I completely agree with Sneez! Get it! Thus the MJ addiction begins! :P

5. Well since you admit to a bad habit of buying/returning/selling and you already have lost money doing so… I would seriously put money aside and start to save up for a bag. No more stalking ebay, no more impulse purchases… and save up. If in 6 months or so you are still crazy about the Janice (it is a seriously pretty bag), you can get it then!

6. I agree!!

7. definitely go for it!!!! i LOVE little janice

8. i actually am in the same situation as you, i have been "clean" for 4-5 months already!
    go for it! the paradise line is lovely!

9. Beautiful grey color, I think it's worth a shot. I buy/return/sell bags but the truth is I cannot pass them up on sale - But then I don't use them very much mainly because I have so many. It's a vicious cycle, if you can break it let me know. Like I said, worth a shot for a beautiful bag like you have selected.

10. OP, I think I did the same thing for like a year or two with Coach (their return policy is AH-MAZING) or selling Rebecca Minkoffs as soon as I got them, I realized that I was just making excuses instead of buying what I really wanted - MJ collection bags! With a little patience and self-control, you can end up with bags that you truly love and appreciate. What also helps me is that I have to save up to afford a new/pre-loved bag, so I usually just scope out the new collections and wait for it to go on sale/on ebay, so that when I finally snag it at a sale price, I feel like I got a great deal!

11. the sale starts tomorrow with an extra 20% off... i think it's a worthwhile investment because the style is still relatively new and i haven't seen any on ebay. the grey is gorgeous too.

sell all the ones you aren't using now to invest for this larger purchase. it will be worth it!

12. ^What sale are you referring to? At Bloomies or somewhere else?

13. :lol: I :heart: TPF