Need opinions on HW for old medium boy

Thank you so much everyone for your opinions!! I'm excited to see a black boy with RHW in person! I'm definitely looking to add an edgy and chic boy. Sounds like it might be RHW which means I'll have to get a more classic piece with shiny SHW lol.

I love love love the ruthenium hardware - i have it on my seasonal black flap bag.

But I wanted a Boy bag in black and old medium very badly - but the only hardware option for calfskin (chevron) available to me was shiny silver. I was a bit worried about the "shininess" but I can honestly say that after I received my bag (a few weeks ago) it was love at first sight!

I think ruthenium gives the Boy an edgy look, but after carrying one, I think the shiny silver gives the Boy bag a classic, but fresh and modern appeal and balances well with the black leather. Funnily enough, the last photo you posted (striped top, jeans and blush blazer) was the one that sold me on shiny hardware! I also think it may be easier to team the Boy with a more dressy outfit due to the shiny silver hardware. That's what I've found anyway.

Ultimately, you need to love your Boy bag given the $$$ you are spending - don't buy it if you don't love the leather/hardware combo, regardless of what we end up sayng on the forum. Just bear in mind you may need to be patient and wait a while for the "dream combo" - I'm so impatient and couldn't wait! I missed out last year and then there was a price increase in Australia:sad:

Good luck and please let us know what you decide!

So funny that we were drawn to the same exact picture! Honestly, I think you can't go wrong with the black boy (even the GHW looks great) and it also depends on what else you have in your collection and overall style so I think chevron shiny SHW boy is fabulous in your collection especially since you already have a RHW bag.

Kind of crazy that a small change in the bag changes the vibe and style of the bag. It makes me want two of everything!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459803912.667135.jpg

Bought my boy about a month ago. I had never really been attracted to boy bags but when I saw this combination it was love at first sight. Though I'm not sure I'd like the shiny as much if the bag wasn't chevron. Are you considering a chevron boy?

Yes! Shiny hardware on a classic flap is like a breath of fresh air and it also makes the bag look sleek, whereas ruthenium on a boy makes edgy and quite androgynous I think. It really just depends on what your style and preference is! Hope you'll get a combination that you love:lol:

+1 personally I prefer boy with RHW (use for cool edgy outfits) and my classics with shiny (for more classic dressy look).

View attachment 3320348

Bought my boy about a month ago. I had never really been attracted to boy bags but when I saw this combination it was love at first sight. Though I'm not sure I'd like the shiny as much if the bag wasn't chevron. Are you considering a chevron boy?

To me this is stunning - I think the Chevron looks devine with the shniy SHW and it makes it so dressy. I wish I had this sitting in my closet - you lucky duck you !!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

View attachment 3320348

Wow this looks so chic and puffy. I do like the SHW on black chevron. The only thing is that, to me, it does make it a much dressier bag. Not sure how it would look on me with casual outfits. I think a lot of people could pull it off with casual outfits, but not sure if I could. So for me, maybe RHW is a good balance. Can't wait to try both on and will be sure to update this thread. Thanks for the pic and everyone for input!

Reactions: Mikan_22
Wow this looks so chic and puffy. I do like the SHW on black chevron. The only thing is that, to me, it does make it a much dressier bag. Not sure how it would look on me with casual outfits. I think a lot of people could pull it off with casual outfits, but not sure if I could. So for me, maybe RHW is a good balance. Can't wait to try both on and will be sure to update this thread. Thanks for the pic and everyone for input!

I agree it's much dressier but I've worn it casually and it looks fine too. I know personally that this bag is too small to be my everyday bag so I was okay with the dressier look. Honestly you can't go wrong with either choice. Good luck