Need Opinion on Which Bag to Keep-See Pix!!!

mscupcake

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
Hey ladies!

I'm a newbie to this forum, so a big hello to everyone! I'm a Chanelaholic and I am soooo happy there are others who can share my addiction :P Well, after reading ChanelS83's most recent thread I REALLY want a Luxury flap in white--the problem is, well, this month I went a little crazy with my spending...

On top of Christmas shopping for friends and family, I bought myself a new Rolex and 5 Chanel purses...eek! I don't like to finance because, knowing me, I'll get into a heap of trouble (i.e. month long shopping adventure, as if I already haven't been bad enough) so I will either have to return a purse or sell one of my old ones...

So here are my options--I can either return my Charcoal Chanel hobo (don't know what it's called, but it's from their Fall/Winter collection) or my Khaki Coco Cabas (yes, I know, call me silly since it's so hard to get) OR I can sell my Ultimate Soft purse, but I'm not even sure what I would get for it. Thoughts please?

Here are the cons of each purse:

Khaki Cabas: A little worried about the semi metallic finish. Many of the metallic purses I've owned in the past had the finish/treatment (i.e. the shimmer) rub off despite the fact that I take amazing care of my purses. Many of my friends had similar issues.

Charcoal Hobo: It's a little edgier, I think, than other Chanel purses so I'm worried about it going out of style. The color is muted, though, which keeps it simple so I may not have to worry about that...

Ultimate Soft: Love the look of this bag and have always received tons of compliments but, it's a pain to take care of. I literally have to baby it, so I don't wear it as often as I should.

PLEASE HELP me decide ladies! Even my boyfriend is stumped :s And for reference I'm 25, 5'3" and on a normal day I'll either wear a pair of designer jeans, stilettos and a cami (with some kind of wrap or shrug if it's chilly), a dress with boots or, if i'm working, a suit or a blouse tucked into a knee length skirt and pumps. THANK YOU in advance for any opinions you can provide--I've been agonizing over this for 2 days now lol :cursing:

PIX:
http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/is.php?i=1057632&img=chanel120061214094426.jpg
http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/is....l120061214094426.jpgchanel220061214094431.jpg

Purse I want:
http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/is....l220061214094431.jpgchanel320061214094436.jpg

All three photos are the same... The purse you want is the same as the first two pics.

I love the khaki Cabas. If the finish is anything like the black metallic in the Luxury line (from the spring collection) it should be pretty durable. Chanel doesn't overdo the metallic; it's more like a subtle sheen.

I :heart: the khaki cabas so naturally i would say either sell the ultimate soft or return the hobo :shame:

but having said that.. wont the bag you want.. in that color be difficult to maintain too? :confused1:

Return the hobo, both the khaki and your version of the ultimate soft are VERY hard to come by. The khaki is a keeper and the ultimate soft is TDF. That US is the one I have been searching high and low for, the current ultimate soft is more of a yellow beige and has that shoulder pad on the strap.

I'd return the hobo. It just doesn't do it for me and it's a lot of $ for a more casual hobo look. And life's too short to have a bag like the ultimate soft that you have to baby so much. Keep the Cabas!

That's my input :smile:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is such fantastic feedback and exactly what I need! I'm still deciding, but I'm starting to think that I should return the grey hobo~it is a little expensive for a casual piece. I'm so in love with that Luxury flap that I wish I never saw it!!!

Hmmm... difficult... if I were you, although yes I will put hobo for no. 3, after 1 for ultimate soft and 2 for the cabas. And, if really has to return one, I think I can go with the majority... = the hobo, but still :sad::sad::sad: