Tech Need new digital camera - Help!

Hatfield1313

Jan 17, 2013
California
I have a Canon Powershot SD1400 that I LOVE. It's nothing fancy, just an average digital camera but I love how simple it is and the night photos it takes. I bought mine on eBay since it's discontinued but I highly recommend it. It's my second Powershot and other than the first one being too big and bulky I have no complaints. And the battery lasts a long time. I had a Coolpix in between my Canons and wasn't thrilled, but I love taking night time photos and it just didn't suit me.

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
you can't go wrong with canon. nikon coolpix are usually good too.
read reviews. you can usually find reviews for anything on amazon.

One thing I do suggest- don't get one that uses regular batteries (like AAA), get one that comes with it's own special battery. yea you might have to buy a 2nd one (you can get some cheap ones are ebay) as a backup if your'e going on vacation.

if you do get one that takes regular batteries - you'll want to get rechargeable batteries (i learned that lesson the hard way... after going through a pack of AAA's in a few days)

angolacutus

Feb 7, 2013
I am a Nikon (DLSR) lover and user, but if you look for a compact camera check also Panasonic (Leica optics) and Sony (Zeiss Optics).

Michael Brown

Mar 28, 2013
Canon EOS series are great. I have one too. My friend got Nikon and we compared results. Its different, Canon got better results.